1. For the first time in what felt like weeks, we actually got to experience some sunshine and warm temperatures earlier this week. And it never ceases to amaze me at just how much of an impact the weather can have on my mood.
That sunshine had me feeling like freakin’ Mary Poppins as I was walking around that day.
2. Lesson learned. Do not publish a blog post about your fear of your children getting sick. They WILL get sick immediately after.
Both boys wound up coming down with colds this past week, and Lucas’s seemed to hit the hardest. The poor kiddo needed to be picked up from the nurse’s office at school on Tuesday, stayed home with me Wednesday, and went back to school a little late on Thursday. Thankfully, not much more than a whole lotta boogers and coughing, but it really wiped him out. Poor guy.
3. And I know I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again…I absolutely hate when my boys are sick, BUT, I definitely do not hate the extra snuggles and sweetness that always comes with it. <3
4. Target was having an extra sale on bedding last week, so I ordered a couple pairs of bed sheets because Jay and I were sorely in need of some.
Let me just tell you, THESE SHEETS are incredible. I highly recommend!! I also ordered this pair of flannel sheets, and while we haven’t used them yet, I will say that they are beyond cozy. And is it crazy to be so excited about bed sheets? #signsyouregettingold
I purchased them both recently in an effort to try and help soothe Lucas & Alex’s dry skin (they both get SO dry in the winter!). And I can honestly tell you that after just a few uses, I noticed a significant difference on Alex’s arms (which get very red and bumpy). After seeing it work so well on them, I’ve even started using some of the oil on myself (I apply a little extra to my hands before bed because they get SO dry…). So seriously, if you have ANY family members in the house dealing with dry skin (not just babies!), these products are a MUST have. They work AND they’re safe. It’s a win-win.
6. I have an update for you guys on the Cauliflower Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s! First impressions? I really liked it!
I definitely did not follow the instructions on the package and did what most people recommended which was to thaw it out completely (I left it in the fridge a couple of days), and then pan try it with some olive oil and spices. I cooked it up and had it with some leftover chicken sausage and veggies (clearly eaten before I thought to take this picture), and it was a totally delicious lunch! Only downside was that it made my pan a total mess…
Maybe I needed more olive oil? Ehh, nothing a good soak in the sink couldn’t take care of. I’m still giving the gnocchi two thumbs up!
7. Something else I’ll always give two thumbs up to? Coming home from work to these silly boys, who are always keeping me on my toes.
Thanks, Jay, for snapping the candid pics – these are always my favorites <3
8. Oh, and speaking of Jay…believe it or not, this past Wednesday marked a whopping 19 YEARS since the two of us first started dating (aka, our “dating anniversary,” if you will). I mean, if that doesn’t make me feel old, I don’t know what will!
I’m sure there aren’t many people who’d want to deal with my crap on the daily like this guy, so I am one lucky lady. Almost as lucky as he is to have me. Mwahaha.
9. I think I owe you guys another outfit post soon. I’m gonna work on getting one of those together for next week! Anything else you’d like to see???
10. To my fellow elf parents…how’s it going for ya so far? Any good elf shenanigans to share?
That was actually a fun one and the boys got a kick out of it.
Alright my friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3