1. The weather this week has been crazy! For three days, we dealt with a cycling mix of rain/sleet/freezing rain/snow and driving just has not been wonderful. Thankfully, the big storm ended in snow so, for now, we’re nestled nicely under a pretty blanket of the white stuff. But I’m sure it won’t be long before it melts again and turns all ugly out there. C’mon Santa, just one year can we have some snow for Christmas?!
2. I’m sure many of you, like me, have Facebook feeds and Instagram feeds that are filled with Christmas trees and kiddos right by them. I’ve been wanting to take some photos with Lucas by the tree but a) he doesn’t sit still, and b) our tree is barricaded in the corner of our living room so he can’t really get too close to it anyways.
BUT, I did recently come across this post, How to Take Photos by the Christmas Tree. It has a lot of photography verbiage, but if that’s your thing, definitely check it out. Seems pretty helpful!
3. I think I have FINALLY figured out a way to wear a scarf that isn’t an infinity one. It’s a miracle!
Sure, I’ve seen all of those things that show you 1,000 ways to tie/wear a scarf, but I could never find them when I needed it. But the other day, I happened to remember one and it is perfect (I can’t find the original image I first saw, but idea #1 in this post is like what I do!). I am so much more excited than I ought to be.
4. We mailed out our Christmas cards earlier this week! It was one of those days where I actually felt like I was on a roll with getting stuff done. I’ll share it with you guys soon, even though I honestly don’t really love them. Haha, go figure.
5. Do you guys ever change the part of your hair around? I’ve changed mine back and forth over the years, and I’m in the midst of trying to change it again right now, but it can be sort of a challenge.
From yesterday, with it attempted to be parted the same way it is in my profile pic above, which looks so much more natural. As a side note, we were reading Highlights magazine, which arrived as an early Christmas gift from my parents to Lucas!
Did you know it’s actually good for your hair? As I’m typing this, I realize that those of you who have never even heard of such a thing probably think I sound crazy. But I’m not the only one…right?
6. Speaking of hair…I know so many of you have been asking me to do a tutorial on how I do my hair and, I promise, I’ve got it on the to-do list! It’s just the actual sitting down to do it, record it, upload it, and share it part that’s a bit tricky to time. I know Ashley feels me on this one…
7. I’ve had my eye on this mug for a few days now and I was this close to buying it, but then I realized Jay still needs ideas for me for Christmas so I told him to buy it. Long (like, suuuuper long) time readers may remember my old Anthropologie mug that broke from my old porcelain sink. It’s not like I really neeeed any more mugs in my cabinet but…it’s just so pretty!
8. I’ve suddenly found myself in a bit of a tiffany blue phase…
I never really noticed it until a couple of my co-workers pointed it out to me, but I sure do have quite a few accessories (including my iPhone case) sporting that color. What can I say? I go through phases.
9. This boy…
Melts my heart. I think I’m going to have to do a random, 17 month update with you all towards the end of the month because he’s just been developing so many new things by the day, and I want to make sure I remember them all! And don’t worry…he only uses mommy’s fork under mommy’s direct supervision.
10. I have the day off from work today! Wheeeee! On the agenda? Some shopping, a trip to BJ’s, more cookie baking, and hopefully some wrapping. Days off these days certainly aren’t for relaxing, but I’m a-okay with that.
Hope you guys all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend! What’s on the agenda? Anything fun and exciting??