1. It feels SO good to be back to eating (most) normal foods again. Now if I could just get past that whole cornbread aversion. Sigh.
2. Last night I put together my first cookie trays of the season!
And I also ended up making a batch of Cheesecake Toffee Fudge at about 9pm last night.
I used the fudge recipe linked above but I subbed in Cheesecake flavored oil for the almond extract. OMG.
We have our holiday happy hour party at work today, so I figured I’d put together a couple of trays to share with my co-workers.
Oh, and I’ve had many of you ask how I store my cookies…I freeze them!
I’ve always stored them in the freezer (I use a combo of plastic storage containers and ziploc bags) and I’ve never had an issue with them tasting weird at all. I also don’t make anything too funky, so maybe that helps? But either way, it’s always worked well for me!
3. Have you guys ever heard of Oliviers & Co.? They’re a premier olive oil and specialty food company from Italy that I recently found out about, and after just a few minutes of browsing their site, I wanted about 20 things.
Right now they’re having 25% off their Top Holiday Gifts and I would definitely recommend checking them out; especially if you still have some last minute gifts to buy! I think I’m actually going to purchase the Italian Olive Oil & Premium Balsamic Duo for myself because it’s only $25 and, well, it just sounds amazing.
FYI: The links contained in this fun fact are affiliate links, but this post is not sponsored. Just excited to share some gift ideas with you from a fun, newly-found company!
4. I think I want a new book to read. I haven’t really read a book in a few months, since our Book Club sort of fizzled out while the hustle and bustle of the holidays has been going on. I’m sure we’ll be picking it back up again in a month or two, but I feel like I need something else to help me wind down at night…you know, rather than being stuck to my phone. Do you guys have any good recommendations?? If it helps, I was a huge fan of Gone Girl, so I’d say that’s more my speed when it comes to reading material.
5. How is it already less than a week until Christmas? I know, I know…how cliché of me to say. But seriously…wasn’t it just Thanksgiving?
6. I don’t know if it’s because we have a smaller house or what, but I swear, every time we cook bacon (which is actually fairly often these days), our house winds up smelling like bacon for what seems like forever. And then I’m just in a constant state of wanting bacon.
7. In case you guys are looking for another fun gift idea (or just a little something for yourself), I have to tell you about the Napa Wine Chiller.
It chills room temperature wine straight from the glass in less than two minutes and lasts for hours. I was recently sent one and I love the idea of them, but I also love how their company, OriginalBOS, donates 15% of the proceeds to their Charitable Mission for men’s health.
8. This guy. Our new nightly routine has consisted of some major blasting of Christmas tunes along with his stellar dance moves.
He is such a character. And I am totally obsessed with him. <3
9. I’m so looking forward to this weekend. I need a do-over from last weekend! We don’t have too many big plans on the agenda, and that’s a-okay by me. I’m hoping we can incorporate some sort of holiday fun, so I guess we’ll see where the days bring us!
Alright my friends, I’m out of stuff for today. I’ll catch you all next week, but have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing!