1. I love the fact that today’s date is 1/23. Then again, I am weird about numbers sometimes.
2. I did some shopping recently! Thanks to some gift cards from Christmas and a birthday coupon, I picked up a few tops from Express…
I was actually going in hopes of buying some dress pants or jeans but, unfortunately, I am smack dab in the middle of sizes right now and it blows. I’m not buying smaller because I don’t anticipate getting much smaller, but I don’t want to buy bigger and have them stretch. SO…leggings, for the win!
3. Speaking of leggings…my local newspaper has a blog that recently posted an article the other day, which was piggybacking off of another post about women wearing leggings. Some people got all up in arms about the question even being posed, and there has been quite a discussion on the topic of leggings and yoga pants. I thought some of the answers were quite interesting to read, but I (personally) have no problems with leggings as long as they a) cover your rear end and crotch, and b) are thick enough so we don’t see anything. Other than that, I stand by my last statement…leggings, for the win!
4. And speaking of not getting any smaller…let’s just say it’s definitely not gonna happen when we’ve been buying half gallon after half gallon of Stewart’s chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. This is, hands down, my absolute favorite ice cream on the planet.
And we just. can’t. stop.
5. I had plans on Wednesday evening to meet up with some of my college girlfriends for happy hour and dinner and it was such a great time! We hardly ever get the chance to get together anymore (the last time we got together was for Eileen’s wedding), so we spent almost 3 hours catching up. Unfortunately, that also meant I didn’t get the chance to see Lucas that day, so I was greeted with some texts from him and his dad.
Love those two boys.
6. Earlier in the week, I treated myself to a little Starbucks skinny iced caramel macchiato. It had been forever since I’d last had one and it really hit the spot.
7. You guys want to know one thing I really hate spending money on? Socks.
I was in need of a few pairs of warmer ones to wear with my boots and when it came down to buying them, I almost talked myself out of it, like, three different times. I don’t know what it is…just one of those things, I suppose!
8. I guess we could say that these are similar to socks, but I really didn’t mind buying them…I finally caved and bought a pair of boot socks/leg warmers
I found them for a steal on Zulily a couple of weeks ago, and I’d say I’m definitely a fan. Now I just need to find a pair of cute grey ones and I’ll be good to go. Anyone else into the leg warmers look??
9. Lately, I’ve been taking the extra time to buy blocks of cheese and shred them myself as opposed to buying the bags of shredded cheese, and I’ve gotta say…you can really notice a difference.
I’m sure it’s not a habit I’ll be able to stick to all the time (the bagged shredded stuff is just so convenient!), but I’m totally loving it.
10. We have breakfast club at work today, and word on the street is that one my co-workers is going to be making a caramelized banana french toast casserole with a boozy bourbon sauce to go on top. Ummm, let’s just say that productivity later this morning may be a bit on the low side…
That’s all I’ve got for ya today, my friends! Happy FRIDAY to you all, have a fabulous day, and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing.