1. Today is a VERY special day, my friends. It was this date, December 5th, back in 1999 when Jay and I officially become a couple. That is half of my lifetime. Is that not crazy or what? If you want to see a couple good blast from the past pics, be sure to check out this old post and this old post, commemorating the special day. But really, I am one lucky girl. Thanks babe, for keeping up with me for so long. Love you lots. xo We’re heading out for a much-needed date night tonight, so I’m super pumped.
2. Baking cookies is apparently a great way to get some extra steps into your day. I learned this yesterday…I had almost 6,600 steps by 11:30am!
And as for my cookie baking? I’d say it turned out to be quite a successful day.
I still have three different recipes to make, but I got done so much more than I anticipated, that I’ll probably end up baking more than just those three recipes. I mean, there is still plennnnty of time left in December to bake! Bring on all. the. cookies.
3. While baking said cookies, I made sure to blast my new Pentatonix Christmas album that I downloaded the other day.
I absolutely LOVE their music. They’re just SO talented! Jay and I used to watch whatever that show was on MTV that they were on (??) and that’s when we first fell in love with their music. I was so excited to see they had a Christmas album!
4. For whatever reason, I am also totally into the Nick Jonas song, Jealous. It’s just got something going on that makes me want to sing along and bop my head while I’m driving along in the car.
5. Do you guys like my new mason jar tumbler? Super cute, right?
A blog reader, Jamie, recently reached out to tell me about her Etsy shop, The Jar Half Full, and she generously offered to send me a jar of my own. A portion of the proceeds from her shop go to The Siobhan O’Sullivan Foundation in honor of her best friend, Siobhan, who is now a quadriplegic due to a spinal cord injury she sustained in 2013. I was so impressed by her willingness to support her friend that I just had to share it with you guys.
6. I also wanted to share an Indiegogo project from another fellow blog reader, Jessica. She’s been a reader for a few years now, and recently emailed me to share her new venture. Her project, Prayers & Apples: Making Neuroscience Legit, focuses on bringing attention to holistic treatments for depression, obesity and generalized anxiety disorders, and it’s certainly intriguing. Feel free to check it out if you’re interested!
7. We have a family Christmas party to attend this Saturday, and it will most likely be Lucas’s first encounter with Santa since last year. Something tells me he’s not going to be a fan, but I guess we’ll see what happens!
8. I am so excited to start using my new Keeping It Together planner for 2015!
The amazingly generous Jessica from KITLife sent me a brand new planner to use for 2015 and just by simply skimming through, it makes me WANT to be organized. It has some of the cutest little touches and some awesome extra little goodies!
Thank you again, Jessica!
These would definitely make a great gift for someone in your life who either a) loves to be organized or, b) NEEDS to get organized. Either way, I’d definitely check out their shop!
9. I’ve been debating on whether or not I want to buy a photography course for my DSLR. I’ve recently seen a few different online classes for DSLR cameras come through on Groupon and Living Social, and I’ve wondered whether or not they’re any good. Then Ruthie recommended this course to me, which is on sale, and I’m thinking I may give it a go! I feel like there’s just SO much more I could learn from my camera…anyone else have any experience with taking a course like this?
10. I recently saw this blog post from Melissa and thought it was really cute: 31 Nice Things To Do For Yourself This December. Anyone doing anything nice for themselves out there so far??
11. Jay and I polished off an entire bag of pretzel m&m’s in less than three days…
Those things are just way too dangerous around me.
12. I never thought I’d see the day (naïve mom much?!) but we have definitely got a bit of a picky eater on our hands. We were spoiled with the way he’d eat pretty much anything we put in front of him before, but he’s recently become much more “selective” in what he eats. Even some of our go-to’s (sweet potatoes, yogurt, avocado, meatballs) have been hit or miss.
So now I’m trying to navigate this whole picky eater stage, but it’s most definitely posing a bit of a challenge. Especially when I need to pack his lunches during the week for daycare…who knows whether he’ll be a fan of something one day to the next!
I happened to be online shopping at Sole Society (<—affiliate link) looking for some new shoes (like I really need them, but anyways…) and started browsing the bags when I came across this one (the Presley). I had to a double take but, yep, that’s definitely it!
14. Have you guys seen the new “Home for the Holidays” commercial with Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard? I love those two! They are just too adorable, and that commercial totally gets me in such a festive mood.
Okay, that was one long Fun Facts Friday post. Time to wrap it up! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend ahead! Anyone have anything good happening??