1. How in the world is it already December 9th? My goodness, this month is going to fly by!
2. I took the day off from work yesterday and it was great. (I have a few days left to use up before the end of the year so I’m taking a couple of Tuesdays and Thursdays since they’re the days I have the ability to be kiddo-free!). I dropped Lucas off at preschool, wandered around Kohls for almost two hours, then enjoyed both a therapeutic massage AND a facial from my favorite spa. Even better, I had a gift card from CHRISTMAS to use, along with a wellness card that we get from our insurance (which was loaded with $250 to use towards spas/massages/gym memberships/etc…how cool, right?!), so it was totally covered (besides tips). Then again…I didn’t take ANY pictures of my day, so did it really happen?! HA!
3. This kiddo is seriously loving food. I started him off with just dinner, then it was breakfast and dinner, and I think I’m going to have to start doing lunch now, too. Little man had about 1/3 of an avocado last night…he sure loves his “guac” as Lucas calls it.
4. I really need to start putting together my cookie baking list for this year! I have a day planned with my mom next week entirely devoted to cookie baking, so I need to get a move on. On top of that, we’re also doing a neighborhood cookie exchange in a couple of weeks that I’m super pumped about. Mmmm, cookies. What’s on YOUR cookie baking list this year?!?
5. I’m getting so excited to be able to use my new 2017 kitlife planner!! I’ve really starting using it even more since starting with Usborne Books (to help keep track of upcoming parties, etc.) and have started scheduling in some upcoming January parties already. This new Festival Edition is my absolute favorite – is it not adorable?!
If you haven’t heard of them, just check out some of the great details:
- A Page per Day Layout | Week days have their own page and Saturday & Sunday share a page.
- Quarterly Check-Ins | These specialty pages are located at the beginning of January and the end of March, June, and September. Each prompt you to take stock of the previous 3 months as well as plan and prepare for the upcoming quarter of your year.
- Tracker Sticker Options | The week day pages feature a space in top right corner for Tracker Stickers. Tracker Stickers are unique to the kitlife planner and come in a variety of themes; from meal planning to calls and follow up TS are designed to help you customize your day based on your needs and schedule. Use a sticker for every day or not at all.
- Moveable Dashboard | This foil stamped dashboard allows you to both mark your day and store often referenced lists, receipts and such. The dashboard has two slash pockets are arrives with a sample to-do dash as well as two sample Tracker Stickers.
- 2 Page Monthly Spread | Plenty of space to plan your month with added Goal tracking features
- Plenty of Storage | In addition to the moveable Dashboard with pockets, there is an accordion style pocket AND a vinyl zipper pockets in the back of the planner – you can never have too much storage!
- Gift Tracker | A page created to help you get a handle on Holiday Shopping as you get prepared for November (the shopping season!)
- Doodle Break Pages | Make an appearance throughout the planner. They are sprinkled throughout to add balance to the planner and offer a nice creative outlet.
- Page Add-Ins and Accessory Items | Note pages, graph pages, business tools and more are available at kitlife.net
So if you’re still in need of a 2017 planner (or think you might know someone who would love it), definitely check out kitlife.net. And be sure to use code SWEETLIFE16 to get a free set of postcards with your purchase!
6. Have you guys put together your holiday cards yet??? I just ordered ours earlier this week, but just in case you haven’t, be sure to stop by the blog tomorrow. I’m going to have an AWESOME giveaway to help you with those cards (and still get them out before Christmas!).
7. Jay has officially moved on to his next house project – our mudroom! It’s not a huge area, but when we built, we purposely moved around a closet in the original plans and left this wall open with the intention of putting in some built-in cubbies. I’m SO excited to see the finished project!
(And I’ll update ya when it’s done, of course!)
8. Soooo, I sort of joined a gym. Go figure, right?! I totally fell in love with the gym I tried out a few weeks ago and they were having a Black Friday promo for your first unlimited month. The only problem I’m having is…it’s hard to get there!! With Alex still somewhat unpredictable at night, that 5:30am class can be TOUGH. Especially since it’s still about a 15 minute drive for me. I still love the Saturday class (and weekday classes if I can get to them!) but I’m just not sure it’s a good idea for me to really join just yet. I may just have to do some drop in Saturday classes for now until my sleep is a little more predictable?! But seriously, the classes are just SO awesome!
9. We have another Christmas party tomorrow where another Santa encounter will happen. Fingers crossed it goes better this weekend than it did last weekend?!
Alright my friends, it’s ice cream time. I hope you all have a Fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3