1. Man, oh man. It’s been tough over here this week. We’re still dealing with a fever with Lucas, which has him so not himself. I’ve been watching him like a hawk and spent one night on the floor of his room with him just because…I didn’t want to leave him. I’m guessing I’ll likely be in there again tonight (Thursday) either from him waking up or because I just feel better when I’m close by. Please keep your fingers crossed that he fights off whatever this is soon!
2. I don’t think I ever showed you guys one of my big Christmas presents from Jay this year…a new KitchenAid mixer! There was an awesome deal on Amazon back on Cyber Monday (I think?) and I jokingly told Jay that I’d love it.
Well, he surprised me. AND I love it.
3. And after a month of it sitting in the box, I finally put it to use this week. The first recipe to go in? My favorite Best EVER Cookie Bars, but made with mini baking m&m’s and mini chocolate chips.
As you can see, we’re making a pretty good dent on them (even though I did bring about half of them to work to share with my co-workers).
4. I sort of want to cut my hair. I’m bored with it, and I love the idea of a lob haircut. Something like this maybe?
I just don’t knowwwww…
5. I’m so looking forward to this weekend (assuming that Lucas is well) because it should be full of some birthday fun! Tonight we’re supposed to be going out to dinner with a group of our friends, and Saturday (my actual birthday) we’ll be going out for dinner with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend. Lots of good food is sure to be happening, and I’m hoping there’s some birthday cake in there somewhere!
6. I totally love the look of this sweater. Is it not adorable? And super cozy, too. Plus, it’s on sale…#tryingtorefrain.
7. You know it’s tax season when the Statue of Liberties are dancing around on the sidewalks. I’ve always wondered what those jobs pay…?
8. I sat down to write this post thinking I had a ton of ideas. But now that I’m sitting here, all I can really think about is getting a cookie bar and going up to check on Lucas. So I think it’s about time I call it for today.
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing!