1. I had the nicest little birthday this year, thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes! Of course, I had to obligatory birthday photo with the boys like I’ve been doing since Lucas was born…but sheesh, these two have over 90lbs combined with them. I’m not sure how much longer I’m going to be able to hold ’em for this photo op!?
2. Jay had plans to take me out to dinner, but since I also wanted to make sure we celebrated with the boys, we fed them some dinner and then did birthday cake. Cake before dinner on your birthday is never a bad thing!
3. And, lucky me, I got one of my all-time favorite cakes. The Oreo cake from Cookie Factory, for those of you who are local. It’s SO GOOD.
4. Jay also spoiled me with these gorgeous flowers, along with a necklace that I had hinted at wanting, which is a small bar necklace with the names of both boys engraved into it. I’ll have to take a picture to show you guys, I love it!
5. Once we had our cake, Jay and I headed out to a nice dinner at Paolo Lombardi’s.
It had been years since we’d been there, and I was glad to see that the menu still does not disappoint. The two of us shared a bottle of wine, snacked on bread (with some of the most amazing garlic dipping oil), and then I had a delicious filet mignon with extra veggies on the side.
The whole meal was perfect, and didn’t leave me overly stuffed, which meant I had room for a little extra serving of cake when we got home. ; )
6. Finally, I also wound up being spoiled by some great coworkers this week at work. Food + sweets + coffee…they know me so well!
7. And as a little treat for myself, I scheduled a Stitch Fix delivery for this past week and wound up keeping an amazing chambray shirt and this London Satchel bag from Moda Luxe. I had asked for a new, larger, neutral-colored bag for this fix, and they definitely delivered!
8. Now that I’m done with catching up on the birthday front, let’s switch gears a bit to this sweet little guy, who has surprised us by starting potty training last week…and killing it!
I honestly had no intentions of starting him just yet, although he had been showing some interest and going here and there. But our amazing daycare provider mentioned that she thought he might be ready and was willing to get him started with some pull-ups.
This is a completely different route from what we did with Lucas, but it’s working out really well, and Alex is spending most of his days in a (dry!!) pull-up right now. That is, of course, unless he’s crawling around with it around his ankles…
Ya know, here I was just trying to snap a nice pic of that delicious avocado toast, and then here comes the photombomber… ; ) All kidding aside, we are so proud of him and so excited to think that we may be DONE with diapers sooner than we thought. Cheers to that!
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today. I wish you all a fabulous Friday (happy February!) and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3