1. Holy crap, you guys. I mean, seriously. I wish I had a more eloquent way to express my thoughts, but you guys have just absolutely blown me away with your responses to my last blog post. I created that blog survey on a whim while writing the post, and honestly, I am SO thankful I did. I created a quick, free account with Survey Monkey, since it said that you get “100 free responses” with that. And I thought, sure, that’ll be more than enough – I doubt too many people will take the survey anyway.
Well now, here I am, having to upgrade to a paid account just so I can read all of the 1500+ survey responses you guys have submitted. Seriously. I am floored. And not in a “here I am over here trying to be dramatic” sort of way. I truthfully just did not expect such a response. So many of you have really left some incredibly sweet, heartfelt comments and sentiments, which have left me smiling from ear to ear. I have not yet made my way through all of them, but I can guarantee you I will be.
2. I’ll be sharing some feedback from the survey next week, along with what I’m thinking from here on out, but I can tell you that I truly think that feedback was exactly what I needed right now. I’ve had “ah ha” moments. I’ve read some really great ideas, and I’ve read some nicely worded, constructive criticism…all of which I’m so appreciative of. So thank you, THANK YOU, for taking the time to help me out. You are all truly the best readers out there, and I am so happy to have you all here. <3
3. With that said, who knows…some of you could have just been yankin’ my chain in order to get that Amazon gift card (wink wink…although, I doubt it!) but a winner has been chosen and I have emailed her. Congrats, Amy!*
4. Moving on from the survey! It’s been another rough week on the germ front, unfortunately, starting with another round of the stomach bug on Sunday for our Lucas.
Thankfully, it was very short lived and so far (knock on wood!) it only seems to have hit him. But my goodness, stomach bugs are the worst. You can bet we were in full force with our cleaning wipes AND we also purchased the spray, too. Highly, highly recommend!!
5. On the bright side, temps reached 50+ degrees at the beginning of the week, which meant we got to be outside without having frigid fingers and toes and runny noses (well, that came later…).
Right after the warm temps hit, both boys then also got hit with a pretty nasty cough/cold. It seems to have hit Alex a bit worse, so he spent a couple of days home this week, but it does look like we’re making our way up, so we’re crossing our fingers for at least 1-2 healthy weeks ahead before the next thing hits. ; )
6. I realized the other day that while sharing my birthday recap, I never shared the picture of the necklace that Jay got for me! I’m just obsessed with it.
It’s dainty, simple, and exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks to some help from our cousin Sarah (thanks, lovebucket), he purchased it from a website called Rellery, for anyone who may be interested. Not crazy expensive, and the necklace that Sarah has had for some time now has held up really well. I just love it.
7. You know what else I love? Changing the part in my hair. Do you guys ever do it?? It’s actually really good for your hair, because you prevent it from falling in the same position every day, which helps the roots breathe a bit!
I used to do it a lot more frequently, but I actually think that the part I typically keep is not my natural part. So when I switch back after a while, it seems to just sort of fall in place and it works. Woo!
8. Have any of you out there tried this flavor from Chobani? Good lorrrrd, it’s good, and probably one of my favorites right now.
And I realized after the fact that part of the reason is so good is likely because it’s one of their whole milk options, which just makes it extra creamy and delicious. Oh, and if you pair it with some mini chocolate chips? BOMB.
9. Does anyone still even say BOMB anymore…?
10. I finished up the Fitness Blender FB Burn – Round 2 program last week, and I loved it so much that I started it back up all over again this week. For my fellow workout-at-homers out there, this program was great. Especially if you’re into a mix of HIIT and strength without a ton of mundane cardio (blech). Almost each day also offers extra credit workouts, but I typically run out of time to do those in the mornings (hello, snooze button) so I just tend to stick with the main, prescribed workouts. But it’s been a great program and I’d definitely recommend it!
Alright my friends, I’m off for today! Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead. I’m really looking forward to checking in again next week <3
*The winner was chosen at random, using the Random.org random number generator, with the winner being response #717.