1. Whew. What. a. week. It’s now day 8 of pink eye…which has since traveled from one eye to the other. It’s been gross, nasty, discouraging, and annoying…buuuut, I think we’re closing in on the end (I can only hope!). Needless to say, I’m ready for these symptoms to be GONE!
2. This week (yes, the second week in February) finally brought us our first (small) snowfall. I’d honestly be okay with there being no snowfall at all, but I live the northeast…I know that’s not how we roll. So instead, we’ve been trying to embrace it…
Lucas, of course, has no problem with the snow. Except for when he tries to go and pick it up and realizes how cold it is.
And then still refuses to keep gloves/mittens on for more than like, 2 minutes at a time. Any tips, mamas??
3. On Wednesday, we got to get a great little sneak peek at Lucas’s little brother(!).
You may have already seen this on Instagram, but I’m sharing it here again anyways. The technician said that he is “quite an active one” (which she also predicted with Lucas…SPOT. ON.) and also said he’s showing up a little on the bigger side. She said most of that is due to the fact that he apparently has very long limbs…so for delivery purposes, let’s hope he’s nice and long and skinny. Oh, and the general consensus is that he looks just like his big brother.
3. Seeing baby boy this past week really made me so much more excited to finally meet him! I’ll be super honest here…I’m not totally loving this pregnancy. Is that horrible for me to say? It’s just been much more uncomfortable (stomach pains, itching…nothing major, but still annoying), and I guess I’m just more excited to get to the end result this time around. I loved pregnancy with Lucas, but things are just different with #2. Most weeks, I need to remind myself how far along I am?!
4. This salted caramel Yoplait Greek 100 whips is GOOD. Like, real good, you guys.
5. We finally got the upstairs of our house painted this past week and I am so, so thrilled. It seems so much more “homey” now (as opposed to the “asylum” that Jay referred to it as with the stark white walls).
While we still have plenty of things to hang on the walls and get fully settled, I just love that we’ve got a little bit of color up there now. We’re getting there!
Baby’s Nursery: Sherwin Williams Online (the same color as our office!)
6. We’ve got winners this week! First, the Martha Stewart cookbook winners should be notified via email today, if you haven’t already! Second, the winner of the Stitch Fix gift card is Renee W! The winner has already been emailed, but I thank you all for participating! For those of you who have yet to try Stitch Fix, I definitely say to give it a go at least once. Especially with spring around the corner – it’s one of my favorite seasons to shop for! Like, I’m totally loving this sweater and this tunic sweater. And OH YEAH – the sweater I loved enough from Target to buy two of is now on their website HERE!
7. I don’t know about you guys, but this week our area has experienced some pretty awful and tragic events. The ones that make you shake your head and think what in the world is wrong with people?!? I seriously have a hard time watching the news sometimes, because it makes me feel more and more like I’m losing hope in our society. I really wish they’d make a news station that is devoted to ONLY publishing news stories that are positive, uplifting, and encouraging. Wouldn’t that just be a breath of fresh air??
8. I’m still trying to decide if I should cut my hair. One day I’m all like, yesssss, cut it off! Then the next day I get it to look good with waves and I’m like okayyy, maybe I want to keep it. Either way, things are getting long over here.
9. Oh yeah, and we moved the mirror in our bedroom and it is wayyy more conducive to my outfit selfies now. #priorities
10. We don’t have too much on the agenda this weekend, which I’m totally okay with since it’s supposed to be bitterly cold. Hello, hibernation mode!
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3