1. I cannot even begin to tell you guys how excited I am that a HomeGoods is going to be built like, only five minutes away from our house soon. FIVE minutes. As someone who usually has to drive “over the river” at least 15 minutes to get to most larger stores, this is absolutely huge. Eeeeeek!
2. I think this is the first fun facts post I’ve done in a few weeks, isn’t it?! YAY for a quiet Thursday evening to be able to sit down and write something up (so here you go, Dad!) <—he likes to text and ask where his fun facts are when they’re missing.
3. How does the saying go? Happier than a pig in mud?
I decided to ignore my intense desire to keep Alex’s dinner tray (and face) as clean as possible during dinner time last night and let him go wild on some avocado, rice, eggs, and yogurt. The kid was in heaven (although we’re definitely still working on our finger foods!). His 8 month post will be up next week #betterlatethannever.
4. Talk about a major bummer…I had a Blue Apron meal scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday and, somehow, FedEx screwed it up and delivered it to the wrong house. When I contacted them, they told me it was “picked up from the incorrect house six minutes later” and was supposed to be delivered to me the next day. But nooooope, never came. And go figure, because they had some really friggin’ delicious looking cheeseburgers on the menu this week! Booooo FedEx.
5. Soooo, these candies are incredible.
I ended up getting a few sprinkled in with a very generous little birthday gift from my friends over at kitlife (<—best planners EVER) and now I’m hooked on ‘em. Sooo good! Have you ever tried these??
6. I haven’t worked out in well over a week. With the family being sick, and my stomach STILL not 100% (seriously, what gives?!) it just hasn’t been at the top of my priority list. And I don’t know if you guys are anything like me, but lack of exercise + eating poorly tend to go hand in hand, which tend to leave me feeling far from spectacular. So I’m looking forward to *hopefully* starting fresh this coming weekend with some more meal planning and prepping, some more veggies, and of course, some exercise. I actually took a screenshot of this workout from Kristin because it looked great and was also a good reminder that I don’t ALWAYS need to be in front of a workout video to get stuff done.
I think I’ve come to rely on videos quite a bit over these past few years (which, don’t get me wrong, I love!) but I could easily manage some quick little circuits in the living room while playing with the kids here and there, too. Every minute adds up, right?! Right. Noted.
7. I’m really sort of loving this mint handbag. Can you tell I’m already thinking ahead to spring??
8. Remember when we had a new backsplash installed in our kitchen shortly after moving in and then decided we hated it? Yeah…well, Jay and I are totally on board with eventually (and possibly sooner rather than later) changing it, and I am 100% obsessed with these tiles. Loooooove.
9. I saw this on someone’s Instagram account yesterday and I immediately had to send it to my friend, Kanika. This is us, in a nutshell.
Anyone else relate?
10. My husband is currently washing the bajillion bottles that were in our sink as I’m working on the computer. I think I just fell in love with him all over again.
Alright, my friends, I think that’s all I’ve got for ya today! I wish you all a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead!