1. Yesterday was an amazing day. I was able to reschedule my “call in well” day and spent the morning being pampered. It started out with an early morning prenatal massage (which absolutely rocked my world…those pillows with the belly and boob holes are heaven), and followed up with a trip to Starbucks and a much-needed pedicure.
Decaf caramel macchiato, for the win. I was like a brand new woman after all that!
Unfortunately, the platform we were using (Blab) was experiencing a bunch of technical difficulties so we had to cut our session short by about a half hour. BUT, we’re hoping to be able to get it up and running again for next week. I noticed a few familiar faces on there (YAY! Thanks for joining!) and I hope that we’ll be able to all do it again soon. In case you’re interested, you can check out the recording of what we could put together here! I’ll keep you updated on if we’re going to be up and running next week.
3. I came across this post earlier in the week after a few people shared it on my Facebook feeds: Work, Sleep, Family, Fitness, or Friends: Pick 3. It REALLY resonated with me because, damn, it IS hard to be able to fit it all in!! For me, I definitely sacrifice sleep (for now) to fit in fitness, and I will often have to sacrifice family for friends (not that it’s necessarily a sacrifice, but time with friends has definitely gotten shorter since we’ve begun growing our family). I think for everyone these will change with each season of life, but I’m curious…what are your three??
4. You guys…I actually got this little stud to eat carrots for a snack earlier this week. CARROTS. And then he even ate his dinner after that. I felt like I was totally winning at the mom life.
5. I’m very much debating on making some cupcakes this weekend. It’s been a while, and the guys Jay works with are always asking for them (one of their favorites are the Neapolitan Cupcakes with Ice Cream Frosting…can’t blame ‘em for that!), but I’m really dying for some Double Chocolate Nutella Cupcakes…
I think I may need to make that happen. Umm, yes. Baby says so.
6. Sometimes, not having to dirty an extra dish is just THE best way to go, right?! So, a salad in a lettuce container is the name of the game.
7. So I bought a bag of these mini bags of vanilla cupcake graham Goldfish around Valentine’s Day for Lucas to give to his buddies at daycare. I’m pretty sure the bag I bought has about 40 bags of these…and he only has 3 friends at daycare. Sooo…
More snacks for meeeeeee.
8. I seriously love the smell of the Mrs. Meyer’s Lemon Verbena dish soap. It screams summer and totally reminds us of when we lived with our friends Kanika and Shaheen this past summer.
9. I am getting SO excited for spring…and I’m more than ready (even though this winter really hasn’t even been that bad!). We’re hoping to have a plan soon so we can work on building a new deck on the back of our house (we really just have a small landing right now) so we’ll have somewhere to sit and relax with family and friends.
(how I miss our old deck…and that party!)
Ahhhh, I can’t wait to be able to sit and relax outside where it’s warm.
Alright, looks like I don’t have the brainpower to make it to 10 fun facts today, so I’m calling it quits! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3