1. So get this…I’m semi-certain that I may possibly have pink eye (<—how’s that for not totally sure but assuming?). I woke up yesterday with a red, swollen and semi-itchy eye. And it hasn’t changed much since. I’m planning on calling the doctor first thing today though, since of course I’m totally freaked out because conjunctivitis is a symptom of this whole Zika Virus…
2. I just love getting new photo prints to fill in our frames! As much as I love the look of gallery wraps, I really enjoy being able to just update existing frames. I finally got around to ordering some prints from our fall mini session and am really excited to get some more of these hung on the walls.
And just a heads up, we use mpix for any of our larger prints (and some smaller) and they have always turned out just beautiful. They were recommended to us by a photographer/friend of ours, and I would highly recommend them.
3. I can’t believe I’m about to say this but…is anyone else starting to get sort of, I don’t know…bored with Fixer Upper? I still love the idea of the show and seeing their work, but lately, I feel like it’s more about Chip and Joanna then it is about the houses. And as funny as they can be, the houses and the decorating is my favorite part, and I feel like this season is focusing way more on them than it is on their work.
Don’t get me wrong though…I’m currently typing this up while watching a DVR’d episode. So I’m obviously not that bored with it.
4. Sooo, I may have found a new favorite candy. And I’m not even exaggerating. Last week, we had a few co-workers from our UK office visiting for the week, and they brought a few of their goodies/treats with them (smart folks, for sure). One of the girls brought a big bag of these Cadbury Eclairs and they. are. just. incredible.
I’ve been savoring one a day since, not wanting to eat them all since I assumed I wouldn’t be able to get them again for a long time. But THEN…I found them on Amazon. And my day was maaaade.
5. My belly is so. freakin. itchy this week. Gahhhhh.
All three flavors are made with the bean blend that their Power O’s are made with, making me feel extra okay with Lucas needing to open them immediately upon seeing them and plowing through the box of Polar Puffs. Not that I can blame him…they were SO good!!
Thanks, for the love, Love Grown Foods. You guys rock!!
7. I have been doing a ton of behind-the-scenes work on the blog lately, in an effort to improve a few different things…including a brand new recipe page! I’m hoping to be able to make it live some time next week, so stay tuned. And you may have noticed a few things have changed in terms of the search archives, etc., and we’re working through that, so thanks for your patience if there have been a few random hiccups here or there.
8. In an effort to wean myself off from the major sugar intake I was rockin’, thanks to birthday cakes and ice cream galore, I’ve traded those in for a new favorite treat these past few nights: a vanilla Greek yogurt with some melted cookie butter and chocolate granola. It is SO good!
9. You guys want to see a perfect example of a master bedroom you will not see on Pinterest? Check out ours.
Paint sample swatches all over the walls, messy floors, a headboard that clearly does not go with the comforter (but we DID just buy THIS NEW ONE, which you can sort of see in the first photo above in this post and I’m in love with it). We’re a work in progress, but I’m excited to see it once we have it all finished up and organized. Some day.
10. Did any of you guys catch this week’s Taboo Mom Talk on Blab with Colleen?? I wasn’t able to watch it live, but I watched the following day, and I totally loved the candid, talk about whatever feel of the conversation. Even more exciting? I’ll be joining Colleen next Tuesday! I have no idea what we’ll be chatting about, but it’s sure to be fun and we’d love to have you! You’ll just need to sign up for an account with Blab, which takes about 2 seconds. Will you guys join us?
Alright my friends, I’m outta here for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!! <3