1. Woahhh, who’s this actually getting to writing a blog post on a Friday?? (you’re welcome, Dad!) I had hoped I’d get back here again sooner than today, but it. has. been. a. week.
2. Remember on Monday when I mentioned that Lucas had come down with a tummy bug? Yeah, well apparently that was quite the bug. And on top of that, he had a brutal sounding cough that just reminded me too much of my asthma-like coughs from when I was younger, so my mommy instincts told me to make a doctor appointment for him. Turns out, the poor kid had bronchitis on top of the tummy bug.
I had actually been nervous about it being pneumonia (you know, after googling the crap out of everything on my phone…), but his doctor recommended we try a nebulizer treatment at the office to see how he reacted to that, and he perked up almost immediately after the first treatment.
3. The poor guy was so out of it that he couldn’t even change out of his jammies and I had to carry him everywhere…
4. As of last night, he was finally showing some more consistent signs of improvement, and was slowly getting back to his usual self. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the same continues and that we’re at the tail end of this crap!
5. Because, oh yeah…HAPPY SPRING, baby!!! <3
6. Oh, and FYI! A couple of Beautycounter incentives and offers I wanted to pass along! To celebrate the official start of spring, Beautycounter is offering their Best Selling No.1 Brightening Face Oil for FREE(!!) with any purchase of $125+.
PLUS, you can actually receive $91 worth of FREE product, FREE shipping and $18.75 in product credit by becoming a Band of Beauty Member! You can join today for $29 for the entire year, no auto-renewal or strings attached. SO…when you join by March 28th and purchase $125 or more, you will receive…
- a FREE Brightening Oil
- a FREE Cleansing Balm Exclusive Gift
- FREE shipping
That right there is $97.95 of FREE stuff! PLUS, you’ll receive $18.75 back in product credit to use on future purchases.
Some products to consider with the nicer weather coming up would definitely be our sunscreen, always our Overnight Resurfacing Peel, Dew Skin, bronzer, and the cream blusher (I use and love Hibiscus!). If you have any questions at all, just give me a shout <3
7. Given the situation this week, I was fairly certain that I was going to have to miss out on a girls’ night that I’d had planned with some of my favorite ladies on Wednesday (either due to me catching something, or Lucas still not doing well). But my bud was at a point where I felt okay leaving him, so I lucked out still managed to get out and enjoy myself for dinner & drinks with the girls down at Druthers.
Burger + BEER ME.
And then after dinner, we headed over to The Egg to catch the Cat & Nat #momtruths tour!
8. The show itself was pretty good, but most of us agreed that we’d wished that there was more of the talking back and forth between them, because that was the funniest and, by far, the most relatable. There was a lot of stuff in between them talking like dancing and whatnot, and they were definitely looking to promote their new book…but they did a good job of it because now I totally want to go buy it!
9. My eating has been such crap this week, you guys. You know when someone around you is sick and you’re constantly just sort of waiting (or automatically assuming) to see who’s next? Yeppp. But apparently that leaves me wanting to just eat donuts. I can’t tell you how many blueberry donuts and/or munchkins I’ve had this week…
10. This week was also sort of big on the job front, since it was our last time being in our office! They just built a brand new office, which is supposed to be pretty sweet, and we’ll be moving into that on Monday, so thankfully, I was finally able to get into the office on Thursday (after having worked from home all week with a sick kiddo) so I could clean up and clear out my space.
I sure am gonna miss that spot!
11. Not gonna lie…I’m typing this post up on Thursday night, and as soon as I finish up writing this fun fact, I’m about to hop in the car and drive down to Stewart’s for some cookie dough ice cream because I just want some yummy freakin’ ice cream.
Alright my friends, that’s it for today! I’m hoping to be back next week to share some new jumpsuits/rompers I recently ordered from Amazon, along with whatever else is going on. So you guys have yourself a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead – I’ll catch ya soon <3