1. I must say, it has been a pretty good/exciting week at the office and on the work front! Our new space is seriously just so cool (and some of you may have already seen some of what I’ve been sharing over on Instagram!).
Everyone is equipped with these new standing desks, which are great. I’ve been trying to spend a few hours in the morning standing, and I think it really does make a difference. Hey, maybe it’ll even help with my awful posture for when I’m usually slumped over at my desk while sitting?!
2. Our kitchen is stocked full of yummy (and slightly dangerous) snacks and treats, and we have the coolest water machine that lets you choose sparkling/flat water, along with your desired strength of flavor.
It’s seriously rocking my world.
3. So I got some sclerotherapy done on one of my legs this week! Some of you may remember last year when I had a procedure done to seal up a large vein that was not functioning properly for me any longer. Well, I’m not sure why I waited so freakin’ long to go back, but I finally made the appointment for one of my legs to get done. They reminded me numerous times that it’s going to look better before it gets worse, and I sure hope so because it’s lookin’ pretty gross right now!
They said it takes a good 3-4 months for the body to fully absorb the veins, so I’m hoping it’s closer to that 3 month mark since we’ll be approaching summer by then (wooo hooo!). Now I just need to decide if I want to go back like, now, to just take care of the other leg. We shall see!
4. I am crushing so hard on this jacket from Express right now. I actually already own it in tan, which is from at least 4-5ish years ago (?) and it’s held up so well that I want another one in either black or pale pink. But do I reeeeeally need another one? Probably not, since I could actually use a few more tops for work…
5. Speaking of, I’ve been having really good luck with tops from Banana Republic Factory these days. Plus, they’re having 50% off the entire site right now!! Recent favorites I’ve ordered have included their Timeless Crew Neck T Shirt (I own a bunch now, with multiple white and black ones!), this V-Neck Sweater (I have in Heather Navy), this Striped Crew Neck Sweater (I got in pink), and this Seed Stitch Crew Neck Sweater (I got in off-white <– which is on sale for 81% OFF!!!).
6. There’s a new lip gloss that’s been hanging out in my purse!
This is Beautycounter’s lip gloss in Rosewood which is more of a warm-neutral, and I just adore the color. It actually gives a little more pigment than most glosses I’ve been drawn to in the past, and I love the fact that it’s not super sticky and also has a really nice, subtle vanilla flavor to it.
7. So we got Lucas’s spring pictures from school earlier this week, and they came out pretty cute so we’re going to keep a few sheets. BUT, riddle me this…
I just do not understand WHY the company will print out and send you all of the options of pictures before you even decide if you want any of them at all (the package came home with 5 full sheets of pictures plus a “fun pack” of plastic things like door hangers, etc.). It just seems like such a waste to me for all of these photos to be printed, and then what do they do with the ones people don’t want? Just toss ’em? I mean, in this day and age, I feel like it would be better to send the parents a digital image so then you can decide if you want to order?? But, hey, what do I know? ; )
8. Jay and I got into watching two new shows on Netflix this week, and I had to share because they’re both really good! First up was You. I wasn’t totally sure how much I loved it at first, since it seemed a bit odd. It definitely has its quirks, but I feel like it keeps getting better with every episode (we’re about halfway through Season 1 right now!).
The second show that was recommended to me is Workin’ Moms. For any of my fellow mama’s out there, this is a GOOD one. So, so relatable!! Let me know if you check ’em out!
Alright friends, I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3