1. Another Friday the 13th? Really? Is it just me, or are we having these, like, once every few months. I swear we just had one, didn’t we? Well, regardless…hopefully you’re not superstitious??
2. This past Tuesday, I finally got to go see the 50 Shades of Grey movie with some of my girlfriends!
Do any of you remember when I was in to the books a couple of years ago? We made an evening out of it and stopped for dinner first at Whole Foods (hey, they’ve got TONS of options, don’t knock it!). I loaded up with some salads and a nice hunka cornbread.
And we also all wound up sharing some spicy crab and cupcakes because, well, why not?
As for the movie? I liked it! I’d say I definitely could have done without some of the extra sexy scenes, but I loved their storyline and both of the characters really grew on me. I wasn’t sure of them going into it, but definitely liked them by the end. When does #2 come out?!?!
3. My little Cody. He’s such a cuddlebug.
I swear, within 5 minutes of the blankets coming out, he’s right there. Always.
4. I’ve had a new obsession this week for my after dinner snacks/desserts: Cereal and cookie bars.
What a combo, right? Thanks to my friend Mal, I’ve fallen in love with this Special K Cinnamon Brown Sugar Crunch Protein Cereal and it’s amazing with some almond milk at night.
And the cookie bars? Ohhhh myyyy…I made a batch of my favorite Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars on Sunday and we’ve been snacking on them all week.
They’re seriously some of my favorites (and a blog favorite, by far).
5. Did you guys check out the skirt up there in the cereal pic? I ended up doing a little damage at Target recently and snagged that skirt, along with two tops similar to this one (couldn’t find the exact one online) and these sleep shorts. I need to stop…
6. My Sweet Tuna Salad has made a return this week for lunches, and ohhhh, is it good! I always wonder why I wind up going so long in between making it because it’s really a favorite of mine.
I mixed things up a big with this batch and added some avocado and a little light mayo since I was out of plain yogurt. But I’m tempted to say it’s even better that way. It’s also really good with honey mustard added too, FYI.
7. You don’t ever really need an excuse to pop a bottle of champagne, do you?
Jay and I have had a bottle in our fridge since maybe my birthday(?) and we decided to clear our some space and open it up yesterday. Definitely not a bad decision.
8. While I was out on my lunch hour yesterday, I decided to pick up one of these suja juices to try.
I feel like I see them around blogs all the time, so I decided to give it a whirl. It was pretty good and super refreshing, and totally made me feel “healthier” after drinking it and reading the ingredients. I’d buy them continuously, but for the price, I don’t think I could make it a regular thing.
9. *Edited to add: I totally forgot to tell you guys…did you hear the news? Stitch Fix is now offering both Petite and Maternity lines!
If you fit into one of those categories and already have a profile, be sure to go in and update that (with your due date, if you’re going the maternity route) and your stylist will take it from there to ensure that you’re getting clothing to suit your growing bump! And if you haven’t already signed up, you’ve gotta give it a try. Spring = SO many awesome clothing options!
I’m cutting things a bit short today because I really just need some time to veg this evening (Thursday). It’s been a crazy week!
Hope you all have a great weekend and are doing something awesome.