1. I never ended up really doing a weekend recap earlier this week, so I never got the chance to share about my fun evening out with some friends on Saturday!
Our friend Erica is an incredibly talented performer (the last show of hers I went to see was almost two years ago!), so a group of us got some tickets to go see her in her most recent show, Into the Woods. It was such a great play, and she did an amazing job in her role (way to go, girl!).
2. Of course, I had to snack on two of my favorite things during the show: wine and cookies. :)
3. And actually, before the show, a few of us met up for dinner at Zen in Schenectady. Believe it or not, I think that was the first time I’d had sushi since before I was pregnant with Alex…we’re talkin’ a LONG time!
Thankfully, it was just as delicious as I remember. I wish we could get it more often but, unfortunately, I haven’t really found a place near us that has great take-out sushi. If anyone local wants to tell me otherwise, I’m all ears!
4. This kid. As of this week, he has learned how to pull himself up in his crib and it has made for some exhausting evenings. Oh mannnn, am I tired.
I have no idea if we’re going to have to wind up doing some CIO like we did with Lucas, but Alex also has a cold this week so I’m hoping that he’s just off from that. We’ll see where we’re at once he’s back to being 100% and re-evaluate. But I’ll tell you that rocking a 23.5lb baby multiple times in the middle of the night is NOT something I can sustain for much longer…WHEW!
5. Oh, Happy St. Patrick’s Day! In honor of today’s holiday, I made a batch of these delicious treats for Lucas to bring to daycare today, and we went out earlier this week before the crazy storm hit to indulge in a McDonald’s Shamrock Shake.
Our group of friends started texting pics a couple of weeks ago (just like we’ve been doing every year!) so I had to make sure we were in on the action. Lucas and I shared the chocolate mint one and it is SOOO freakin good!
Alex wanted in on it, too…not yet, bud.
6. Do you guys remember a couple of weeks ago when I shared that we had tried Not Your Father’s Root Beer? Well shortly after, the company reached out to tell me about three brand NEW beverages with a fun spin on the name…Not Your Mom’s!
The three new flavors (all available now!) are Apple Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb, and Iced Tea. I’m currently sipping on the iced tea as I type up this post on Thursday evening. It’s SO GOOD! I can absolutely see it being a perfect summertime staple. Oh, and if you hurry, you can probably check out the videos I posted last night on Instagram Stories with them all, too!
7. We have a new project happening in the Horan house…barn doors for our basement!
Jay started them over the weekend and both of them are now built, so it’s just a matter of staining them and getting them up. I can’t wait to show you guys once they’re all done!
8. For my fellow parents out there, read this post. I loved it, and I’m sure that many (if not all) of you will be able to relate on some level. This can be a tough season, for sure, but it’s all worth it (and it helps to know we aren’t alone!).
9. I was SO excited to get my new Beautycounter order in the mail the other day!!
I got quite a few new items and I’ve been loving them already (no, I’m not selling these products, but I do think they seem to be amazing and I’m excited to continue using them to see how well they work!).
10. Alright, I am exhausted. Time for me to hit the hay!
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3