1. With all of the last minute meals and lack of food we’ve had this week, I made sure to have all of my meal planning done for upcoming week (and had it done by Thursday!). I’m ready to get some more fresh veggies back in the house and have some good dinners on the menu (which, they certainly look like it right now!).
2. I really want to try to give myself a manicure this weekend. It’s been on my to-do list once again (aka, it always winds up back on my to-do list once the previous one wears off). I’m thinking that since we’re (finally!) nearing the end of winter, it’s time to put away the darker colors and maybe go with more of a nude/sheer look like this one or this one. What nail colors have you guys been diggin’ lately?
3. Calling all pregnant ladies (or friends of pregnant ladies)! Have you guys heard about the amazing “Bump & Bundle” giveaway that Stitch Fix is doing? From now until March 29th, they’re running the giveaway that includes $5000 in stylish gifts for mom and baby (it’s an insane prize). To enter, just visit Stitch Fix’s Facebook page and nominate yourself (or an expecting friend!), and share the news about Stitch Fix maternity on your Facebook wall. Then, get your friends to vote for you! FIY: I’m not getting paid to post this – it’s just a really great giveaway that I wanted to share.
4. Speaking of…I got a new Stitch Fix in the mail yesterday! I’ll be sure to share it with you guys soon and see what turns out to be keepers or not.
5. If you guys want to see something incredibly awesome, you need to watch this clip from Britain’s Got Talent. My mother-in-law sent it to me recently and it was incredible to see what that group could do.
6. I would really, really love it if someone would make this Nutella Chocolate Cake for me and deliver it to my front door. Any takers??
7. I’m kinda, sorta, totally loving the look of this bag for spring. I know I really don’t neeeeed a new bag, but that color is just gorgeous. And while I was eyeballing that bag, I also found this adorable make-up bag that I really feel like I need in my life. Not to mention the fact that my current one is an absolute mess.
8. Here are a couple of great quotes that have come across my desk calendar at work recently…
I think this one is one of my favorites…
How true is that?
9. I keep forgetting to mention that I finished reading Emily Giffin’s last book, The One & Only, a couple of weeks ago. I tried starting it probably 6 months ago(?) and I just couldn’t get into it, but I decided to give it a go about a month ago and I was much more into it this time. I still wouldn’t say it was her best novel (and I’d say you need to have some appreciation for sports/football), but overall it was a really good book. Now I need a new one…I think I’ll have to pull from the list of recommendations you all gave me the last time I asked.
10. I’m really hoping I can convince Jay to go out for breakfast some day this weekend. I found a new place semi-nearby and it looks like they have some pretty amazing pancakes that I’ve decided I must have in my life. Because any day with pancakes = awesome.
Okay friends, I’m out for today. Hope you guys all have a fabulous weekend ahead! Doing anything awesome??
Fun Facts Friday posts may contain some affiliate links. Thank you, as always, for your continued support of STSL <3