1. It’s Coffee Friday and I just cannot decide…Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? The two of them are literally right next door to each other on my way in to work, so I usually just wind up going with whichever one looks the least busy. I’m leaning towards the ‘bux, however, they no longer have my caramel brulee syrup, so this is a major bummer.
2.So Lucas has a new thing (if you follow me on Instagram, you already know this).
He pulls his hat over his eyes, takes a 5-10 minute power nap on the way to the sitter’s house, and wakes up all smiles. And if he doesn’t decide to pull his hat down, he’ll pull up his Bundleme instead. Cracks me up.
3. Last night’s Book Club was fabulous. Not only was it a great couple of hours out of the house with some incredible ladies…but talk about FOOD.
Cranberry & cinnamon goat cheese, two kinds of alfredo pasta, raspberry baked brie in puff pastry, salads, cookie cake, a raspberry pretzel dessert, and funfetti cake dip (my contribution – it was good, not great). Between all of that and the wine, I left stuffed and happy.
5. So the DietBet I was hosting for the past 4 weeks ended on Tuesday. As I suspected, I didn’t lose 4% of my bodyweight (really didn’t even come close, haha) but I have noticed my pants fitting a bit looser which is a nice surprise. My goal of using the challenge as a motivator to workout really did work well, so I’d say it was a success for me. (if you participated and are still waiting for results, they should be out in the next day or two, and that’s when I’ll choose the winner of the other prizes as well)
6. A couple of weeks ago, I told you all how I was loving using the MyFitnessPal app. Fun fact: The day I told you about it is actually the last time I opened it. It’s a really great app, but I guess I found the whole tracking thing to get old quickly. Whoops.
7. Dropping an eye shadow pallet I bought from Target hurts way less than dropping one from Sephora. I recently dropped one of my Urban Decay shadows (<–linking up to a super old vlog…yikes) and I’ve been trying my damnedest to keep using it as long as possible…yet every time I open the thing, loose shadow goes flying. Grrrr.
8. Remember when I blogged about Name Bubbles last month? Well I’m also now contributing to their own blog, The Daily Bubble. My most recent post went up last week and features two quick at-home circuit workouts to try. Be sure to check it out!
9. Jay and I are hoping to bring Lucas to get some photos done this weekend (we ended up buying a package from iSmile Studios back when we got his photos with Santa done). It’s not like he’s at any milestone of an age right now, but we have a free day and I really, really want to get photos taken of him in this adorable sweater we have before he grows out of it. That’s normal, right?
10. That’s all I’ve got, friends. Hope everyone has a fab Friday and a great weekend ahead! xoxo :)