1. Happy April! I don’t know about you guys, but we’ve got a pretty packed calendar for this month.
2. Have I told you that I recently had the chance to finally try my very first acai bowl? Holy cow!
A couple girls from the neighborhood and I arranged for a local delivery from Liza’s in Troy, and I was thoroughly impressed. I opted for a triple berry bowl with plan granola, almond butter, vanilla protein powder, and strawberries/banana/coconut shavings. It was such a nice treat to have mid-week, and I’m already looking forward to my next one!
3. I came across this picture somewhere on social media recently, and it made me legit laugh out loud because it hit so close to home.
I have very vivid memories of my mom cooking us hot dogs, split lengthwise and spread out on a piece of bread, which would then get a smear of mayo and the bread folded over. I’m sure there must be SOMEONE out there who also did something similar?!
4. NEW FUN PRODUCT ALERT!!! I recently purchased this ACURE Brightening Facial Scrub, after hearing someone recommend it (no idea where that was now…) and I’m obsessed with it. The scrub really feels like it’s giving a super, deep clean, and my skin felt so smooth and refreshed afterward.
And then, because all of the ACURE products are Buy 1, Get 1 50% OFF right now at Ulta (!!!), I also decided to try out this ACURE Seriously Soothing Blue Tansy Night Oil. Definitely another winner. I love the Blue Tansy scent (it’s the same scent I use for my deodorant from Primally Pure) and have been putting it on right after my night cream (which I’m also obsessed with) before bed.
5. We had THE most amazing dish last week from HelloFresh. And, actually, we got quite lucky because I had completely forgotten to go in and skip that week and had no idea we were getting a delivery (whoops). Thankfully, all three meals were delicious, but this Creamy Parmesan Chicken Spaghetti stole the show.
It was so full of flavor, and such a nice change from all of the basic and boring meals we’ve been throwing together lately.
6. I bought this bouquet of flowers two weeks ago, and believe it or not, they are STILL sitting on my counter, looking almost as nice as they did on day one. I can’t even believe it.
I don’t always like spending money on fresh flowers, but if a cheap little $10 bouquet from Price Chopper can last this long? Then I think it might be worth the extra cheeriness!
7. Where are all my jump rope fans at out there??
They’ve gone and changed up the traditional jump rope by adding interchangeable, weighted ropes to really up your game. They also have their own app you can download, which offers a variety of different workouts. Some of the workouts even include strength and resistance training, which I thought was awesome.
I was really surprised by the difference I could feel in the different weighted ropes, and the heavier one left me super sore the next day! The ropes are super simple to change in and out, and you can tell that they’re really well-made.
With so many of us working out at home these days, Crossrope would definitely be an awesome addition to home gym equipment.
8. We’ve had to do a little relocation of the home fort over here. After nearly tripping over it, myself, or toys for the past week and a half, the thing absolutely had to GO from the office. But because they’ve been playing so nicely in it, I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of it completely…sooo, to the living room it goes.
9. One of the highlights of our week over here was being invited to participate in a birthday parade for one of Lucas’s classmates. Her mom sent out a Facebook message to a bunch of the parents, asking if they would like to come join in on the parade, since she obviously wasn’t able to have a birthday party right now. The turnout was just incredible.
And whew, did it hit me. As soon as I pulled up and saw the line of cars, I immediately started to cry and tried to hide it behind the biggest pair of sunglasses I could find. Of course, the boys thought it was awesome, and Lucas loved being able to wave to all of his friends he was seeing in the line.
The whole thing was definitely one of those “silver linings” in all of this going on right now; seeing the outpouring of love and support from the community, and just the GOOD in people. It was definitely something I think we all needed. <3
Alright friends, that all I’ve got for today! Stay tuned next week – I have some posts coming up soon from Emily Field, answering a bunch of the macro questions you’ve asked! Stay well, and have an amazing weekend at home : )