1. I’m honestly completely dumbfounded by the fact that we are already in the last few days of April. I swear, wasn’t it just April Fools Day? And I swear, I probably have a fun fact like this at the beginning/end of every month, don’t I?
2. I have been SO into vanilla Greek yogurt with strawberries and mini chocolate chips for an evening snack this week.
For the first time in a LONG time, I ended the weekend feeling like I’d finally hit my limit on the sweets intake (and that intake is rather high for me, I’ll add). I think I’d just enjoyed a few too many heavy meals over the course of last week/weekend and was starting to crave something a bit lighter (yet still sweet, duh). So this snack has been doing the trick!
3. Speaking of food, I feel like my enthusiasm for it is slowly decreasing. I remember this happening around this time being pregnant with Lucas too, but food in general is just sort of ‘meh’ right now. Coffee too…like, my beloved cookie dough iced coffees just don’t even sound that good to me right now. Say whaaaaat?!
4. I’m totally loving the new sports bras that I got recently from Fabletics. I figured I could use some new ones (especially with the new baby on the way…gotta keep breastfeeding as simple as possible!) and both the Emmy (left) and Juneau (right) are great. I think the Emmy will be especially helpful for breastfeeding since it has a zipper right in the front for easy access.
And hey, maybe one day I’ll look at sports bras again for ease of working out as opposed to just breastfeeding.
5. You guys may or may not have noticed a few little changes here and there on the blog recently, but I have to give a big shout out to Christine from Hay Hay Life, who helped me design these new images for my sidebar.
For anyone looking for VA and/or design work, I’d highly recommend Christine – she was amazing to work with and so thorough!
6. I am REALLY excited to tell you guys about a new app that I recently discovered after partnering with Johnson & Johnson: The Johnson & Johnson 7 Minute Wellness for Expecting and New MomsTM! The app is a simple, science-based wellness resource created by trusted baby experts at Johnson & Johnson. It customizes both Mind and Body and 7 Minute Workout sessions based on your week of pregnancy or prenatal stage, helping moms achieve and maintain fitness and balance – in both body AND mind (which is so important!).
The Mind and Body sessions share techniques that can help you create balance, relax your mind, relieve discomfort and care for your body. I had to laugh when the first one I checked out mentioned something about “have you noticed yourself standing in the kitchen crying and wondering why?” Umm, yes. Yes, I have!
The 7 Minute Workout sessions are customized to your week of pregnancy or postnatal phase, your fitness and energy levels, and any physical discomfort you may be experiencing. You can set up your fitness level in the beginning, and then each time you go to workout, the app asks what your energy level is like for that day and customizes the workout to suit you.
It’s not always easy to find quick and effective prenatal-specific workouts on the fly, and I love that these are only 7 minutes. That way, if you have extra time, you can always do them for another round or two…or maybe you just want to squeeze one in in the morning and one in the evening?
All of the customized sessions are guided by performance coach Jenn Lea, to help you develop the skills to manage and expand energy during the important pre- and postnatal phases and you can snag the FREE app in the App Store!
7. Have you ever felt like you were needing to fulfill something else – albeit not sure what – despite the fact that you know your plate is already loaded (and about to get even fuller)? I’m at a point where I can’t really even explain it yet, but when I do, I hope to write about it. But there’s just been this nagging feeling lately like I need something…more? Different? I just don’t know?!
8. I was so excited to finally get and put up this new name decal in Lucas’s room yesterday…and I think he was, too.
For anyone who may be interested, I ordered this design from LittlePeazDesigns Etsy shop and I’m not only super pleased with the results, but she was also really great to work with. I wasn’t sure on some colors (which look a little funky in this iPhone photo I took) but she happily showed me a couple sample images of each before I wound up choosing the final product.
9. We had the most delicious burgers for dinner on the grill last night. I just love grilling season!
10. I feel like the belly is slowly starting to reach mini torpedo status…and man, if I wind up on my feet for too long, I. Am. Feeling. It.
Crazy that we’ve got less than 6 weeks to go?!? Then again, if he’s anything like his brother, it could be longer. But please, let’s hope not.
11. Did you guys spot the creeper in the photo above?! Codeman has officially been back to his spunky self and all of his bald spots from surgery are slowly starting to grow back in again. It’s been so nice to watch him play around again, and the poor thing certainly gets his exercise with Lucas chasing him around everyday.
12. This article on Scary Mommy was a good read this week!
13. For my fellow bloggers out there, I’ve been working on putting together a post with my favorite blogging resources/tools/etc. Is there anything in particular you’d like to see added? I’d love your feedback (and hope to have the post your way next week!).
Alright my friends, I think I’m done for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead <3