1. Holy crap, where did the week go?! Is it seriously already Friday?? Anyone else feel like the week flew by?
2. I am SO excited about my new purchase from Magnolia Market arriving earlier this week(!!). I almost feel like Chip, Joanna and I are friends now…or something like that.
And how cute is that little flower they pack in with the shipment?! Such a nice little touch (and truth, I thought it was actually real for two full freakin days…). I’m hoping that we’ll be able to get what I purchased hung up over the weekend so I’ll share then. ; )
3. I’ve totally taken a break on the weekly meal planning posts. I know there are many of you who’ve said you love them (thank you, and I’m so sorry!) but it just got to the point where it was too much. Dinner time is crazy, so lately I’ve been trying to choose about 3 or so meals to cook each week that will get us some leftovers so we don’t have to cook as often. And a lot of our meals are on rotation, so there hasn’t been anything really all that exciting to share. One of these days, maybe I’ll get back into the weekly meal plan posts! But for now, I’ll try to share some yummy meals we’ve had here and there…for example, this one I threw together on Tuesday was so good!
I basically followed this recipe, just omitting the baked beans since we didn’t have any. It ended up being way better than I anticipated and it was SO easy!
4. Has anyone else discovered the little related videos that show up on the iPhone under your videos? They’re basically mini slide shows using pictures or videos from particular date ranges, and they even play along to different themed music, too.
And I swear, there have been more times than I care to admit that I’ve found myself tearing up while watching them. Some of those old memories matched up with sappy tunes are just a recipe for a sentimental mama! So if you haven’t checked ‘em out yet, DO IT! Just don’t say I didn’t warn ya.
5. Speaking of iPhones…we’re due for an upgrade and I’m super pumped to get my hands on the 7 plus! I asked around on Facebook if people preferred the 7 or 7 plus, and overwhelmingly, the answer was the plus. I wasn’t sure about it, since it’s a bit bigger, but I’m just really excited about that portrait mode on the camera! Any other 7 plus users out there?? Do you love it?
6. You know what I DON’T love? When I wind up accidentally buying the crap toilet paper that’s thinner than tissue paper. So, as you may have already seen on Instagram, I wasn’t even mad about the fact that Alex decided to play in it. Honestly, he couldn’t get that stuff off the roll fast enough!
7. Okay, I loooove me some Panera, but seriously…is it just me, or are they getting wicked expensive?? Very rarely do I buy lunch during the week, but I just didn’t have time to make one yesterday so I wound up running out to grab something. Even though they are a bit pricey, I was reeeeeally loving the new(?) soup and salad combo they had displayed: Southwest Chili Lime Ranch Salad with Chicken + Summer Corn Chowder.
I would highly recommend both. Delish!!
8. Okay, guys…give me any and ALL of your favorite teething remedies. I don’t remember Lucas ever really having too hard of a time when it came to teeth, but poor Alex seems to be struggling (and we’re still ALL GUMS). Hellllllp.
9. My favorite shorts EVER are back at Old Navy and I’m totally buying more pairs this season. They’re SO comfortable (and they sell out quick, FYI!). I’m actually really loving this tee and this jacket from Old Navy, too. Good thing I’ve got some Super Cash to use coming up. ; )
10. We’re supposed to have a day of 60 degree weather and some sunshine this weekend and I. Can’t. Wait. C’mon spring, I know you’re out there somewhere, right?!
Alright my friends, I’m out for today. I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3