1. We were blessed with some beautiful (and HOT, but you will not hear me complaining about it!) weather for the 4th of July this year. Perfect for a day at Saratoga Lake!
2. Lucas had a total blast jumping into and swimming in the lake with Jay and some of our cousins, and Alex even got in and had some fun, too.
3. While the boys swam, I enjoyed my (still) favorite lime flavored White Claw.
I’ve tried a few different brands and flavors by now, but this one still stands at the top of my list!
4. We are considering it a total win that Alex will now finally keep his peddle jumper on, because we were 0 for 2 on our first couple pool days this season.
5. Seriously. How did I get so lucky to call these two MINE?
Gahhhh, they melt my heart.
6. Okay, while we’re at it, I’ll get mushy and even include Jay in that sentiment.
These THREE are just my favorite.
7. What better way to refuel after a day in the lake than with some dinner and rainbow cake for dessert?
Not pictured are the amazing brownies that were also there, which were SO GOOD and reminded me of Cosmic Brownies (anyone else remember devouring them back in the day?? They were an after school favorite snack in high school!).
8. And after filling the bellies, a perfect way to end a great day would be to take a little boat ride out on the lake.
It was Alex’s first official boat ride, believe it or not, and I’m pretty sure he almost dozed off at least twice.
No kinda tired like boat tired, right?!
9. Despite it already being past the boys’ bedtime (and me sort of cringing a little inside, anticipating the likely meltdowns that would later ensue, but hey…it was a holiday), we even stopped the boat for a bit to let the kids get out at sandy beach and walk around a bit.
Since mama didn’t have her suit on, or a change of clothes (and Jay didn’t go on the boat ride), my mother-in-law was a trooper and brought Alex out, which he totally loved (despite his face here).
10. And then we stopped again to let the kids jump off the boat into the deeper water!
11. We eventually got back from the boat, said our goodbyes, and even made the 40 minute drive home without anyone falling asleep (thank goodness!), we then ended the night with some obligatory sparklers.
Which Alex loved, and Lucas was scared of. Which surprised me not one bit.
11. And then, much to my surprise, we even managed to get through bedtime with zero meltdowns AND no wakeups from fireworks. I’m calling that a 4th of July WIN.
Happy Friday, my friends! Have a great day and weekend ahead <3