1. We have a new smoothie/juice bar in town, Unmatched Nutrition, and I cannot even begin to express just how excited I am about it.
I’ve been wishing for a healthier juice/shake/coffee shop to be nearby for YEARS, and the fact that this new place is less than 5 minutes from my house is just fabulous. My wallet, however, may be in trouble…
If you’re local, you have GOT to go and check them out!! Their cookie dough protein shake is out of this world, and I’ve heard awesome things about just about everything else. Next up to try is their iced coffee.
2. So I did a thing…I got eyelash extensions! And here’s an awkwardly cropped picture to show them to you.
I’ve been toying with the idea of getting them for at least a year but have always been a little apprehensive about it. After chatting with my neighbor, Hiromi, she totally convinced me and I went and had them done at her place, Cocolo Spa (the same place where I had the lash lift a couple of years ago, too!!).
The whole process took about 90 minutes from start to finish, but was very easy and relaxing. I felt like I could have fallen asleep! They really take the time to make sure they’re using the best lashes for your eyes/face, and err more on the side of natural, as opposed to “holy lashes in your face.”
Hiromi said they usually require a fill every 2-3 weeks, so I’m taking special care with them to try and extend the life of them for as long as possible. And I will say, not having to apply mascara in the mornings is pretty amazing.
And I’ve got GOOD NEWS for my local friends!!! If you want to give the lash extensions a try for yourself, mention my blog when you book your appointment, and you’ll get a 20% discount on your service!!!
3. So I need to say thank you to those of you who gave me some recommendations a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for new bras. I think I’ve finally found a new favorite! The Enbliss Wirelass Bra from Soma is a dream. It’s wireless, actually stays in place, and is just all around, super comfortable. I visited our local store earlier this week to make sure I was properly sized, and they were so helpful. Plus, the bras are BOGO 50% off right now!
4. Most days, if you check my lunchbox at work, you’re going to find some sort of salad. Earlier this week, I had a day where I just completely ran out of time and couldn’t make one before heading out for the day, but our office has the most delicious kiosk from 9 Miles East Farm and I almost always forget about it. I mean, just look at this salad…
I felt healthier after one bite. : -D It had tons of spinach, fresh chicken, almonds, yellow eye beans, golden beets, buckwheat, blueberries, and some sort of vinaigrette that was equally delicious.
5. So I know I mentioned the Weekly Moves Workouts from Madeline Moves I’ve been trying earlier this week, but I just have to shout them out again because they are just THAT good. My muscles are on a whole other level of sore (in the best way possible!), and she makes it super easy to modify any exercises to be able to do them at home. For my fellow at-home workout fans, if you’re in need of a change, I’d highly recommend giving them a shot!
6. So it seems there’s a subscription service for just about everything these days, doesn’t it? Well, I must say, having one that delivers WINE right to my door is pretty freakin’ awesome.
I was recently contacted by Winc Wines to give some of their wines a try, and I’ve been super impressed so far! When you first get to their website, you’ll take a short quiz so they can determine the best wines suited for you. You can choose if you want 4 reds, 4 whites, or a mix of both in your box, and you can also change up the wines that they choose for you after the fact, in case you see something else that looks interesting.
For anyone who may be interested, you can use this affiliate link to get you $22 off your first box PLUS complimentary shipping!!
7. We actually had sunshine yesterday and I hardly even knew what to do with myself. Spring had finally come back, even if just for a day!
I don’t know how the weather has been where you live, but around these parts, it has been so gloomy and rainy. Definitely a tough few weeks when you’re trying to get things done out in the yard (and keep active little boys entertained!).
8. I had to laugh when I saw Gina post something on her Instagram yesterday about the number of lipsticks she had in her purse. And I laughed because I knew I had to have just as much, if not more. Turns out…I had more.
All of these babies, including Beautycounter’s sheer lipstick (always Twig!), lip glosses, and color intense lipsticks have been taking up room in my purse for months. I always tell myself I should take some out, but you just never know what color you’ll be in the mood for!
I think that’s all I’ve got for today, my friends! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3