1. Sorry for going pretty much dark over here this week! I had good intentions of sitting down and writing stuff, but evenings were a bit of a challenge over here on the kiddo front, and by the time all was said and done, all I really had the energy for was lounging on the couch.
2. And while lounging, I’ve totally been watching 1-2 episodes of How to Get Away with Murder on Netflix each night. It’s so good!
I started watching it slowwwwwly after I had caught up with all of the Scandal episodes on Netflix (which was about a year and a half ago), but just recently started to get into it again. I’m about 2 or 3 episodes away from finishing season 3 and I’m dyyyying to know who killed Wes!?(no spoilers!)
3. Since I just shared that pic above, I need to give a quick shout out to this Steve’s Ice Cream…
Woahhh, baby! I had a coupon plus it was on sale so I grabbed a pint of this Whoopie Pies & Sweet Cream last week while grocery shopping and it does NOT disappoint.
4. While we’re on the topic of sweets, have you guys ever checked out The Dough Jar?
I forget how I found them, but they sell some super delicious edible cookie dough. I first purchased the soiree gift pack (8 mini jars) to give away as Christmas gifts to my family last year, but I don’t think I ever blogged about it? Either way, they’re having an extra 15% their cookie dough now through Monday – just use code MEMORIAL!
5. Quick heads up – if my site had an odd looking pop up when you first came over today or within the past couple of days, don’t worry, it’s supposed to be there. You may or may not have heard about all of this GDPR stuff going on, so that was just basically one of the few ways I’ve been trying to update the privacy policies here on the blog to make sure I’m compliant with all of the new changes. Nothing else has changed for you!
6. A month or two ago, I was chatting with our cousin Sarah and she mentioned how she’d just finished and absolutely loved the book All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood. Her review of it sounded great, so I ended up purchasing an audio version from Audible and have been listening to it here and there while I’m in the car.
While I’m not quite finished with it yet, I will say that I, too, am really enjoying this book. With one of the main reasons being that it focuses more on the effects of children on their parents, as opposed to most books that focus on the effects parents have on their children. Definitely a good and interesting read for any of my fellow parents out there so I figured I’d share!
7. Need something yummy to make this weekend for the holiday? Check out these 5 yummy dessert recipes – some of my favorites! And if you want cookies, I’d also totally add THESE and THESE to the list of some favorites. I’m thinking I may have to choose just one for the weekend…!
8. The ways this kid sleeps absolutely crack me up. This pose here is one we find him in just about every night, and apparently the same goes for daycare!
Good thing he’s getting in some good zzzz’s while he’s there! : )
9. I am about halfway through into the 4 week FitnessBlender FB Strong program and you guys…I am LOVING it. The focus on strength is just my favorite, and I think the saying “work smarter, not harder” definitely comes into play here. For the longest time, you guys know I’ve been doing online workouts at home, and I usually just sort of “wing it” in terms of what I feel like doing. With the program, it’s so nice to take the guesswork out of it and have a schedule lined up for me. If you’re looking for something a little different, I’d highly recommend checking them out (the programs are no more than $15 and you never lose them!!).
9. The weather these next few days is looking gorrrrgeous! I’m hoping that maybe we’ll get a chance to stain our back deck, hopefully hit up the Farmer’s Market on Saturday, and just spend some fun time outside. Yayyyyy for spring (almost summer!).
What’s on your agenda for the long weekend?! Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead <3