1. Happy freakin’ Friday…what a week! What started with a little cold/post nasal drip for Lucas ended up with a last minute trip to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon, only to find out that the poor kid tested positive for strep throat. Soooo, I took the day off yesterday and the two of us had a special little mommy + Lucas day at home.
Thankfully, the meds seemed to start kicking in pretty quick, so he was back to his spunky, sassy little self in no time. Now if we could just get rid of the boogers…
2. One major bummer on Lucas’s strep was that I wasn’t able to go and visit Brian & Mal’s new baby girl, Emilia Rose! She was born on Tuesday evening, and my gosh, is she precious. I just cannot WAIT to get my hands on her!!
3. This article is everything. As a mom to a toddler who quite often experiences the same frustrations and emotions that I can relate to, it was an incredible reminder that they, too, have the right to experience these feelings. A much needed different perspective for sure. Can anyone else relate?
4. You guys want in on my latest snack obsession? Fage 2% greek yogurt mixed with ~1/2 tablespoon of chocolate pudding mix + strawberries.
Protein packed (thanks to that incredibly delicious 2% yogurt!) and just sweet enough for it to taste like dessert. Ob-sessed.
5. Soooo, on top of Lucas being sick this week, we’ve also had a few early morning wake up calls from a little mister who’s stilllll dealing with some teething (and who also turned 11 months on Wednesday..GAHH!). Either that, or he just misses us so much that he needs to get up at 5:30am to see us.
And, subsequently, winds up taking a boob snooze by 7am. Ohhhh, this kid. But seriously…that right there absolutely makes up for the early wake up. Those snuggles will not be forever. <3
6. Plus, I mean, there’s always coffee to help me power through the day.
Good. To. Go.
7. Many of my incredible, loyal readers out there already know about my own personal struggles with Hypothalamic Ammennorhea a few years back. It was a very difficult phase of my life, but also probably one of the most eye opening, and also an experience that I’ve become quite thankful for in the long run. Without going through that and learning how to treat my body right, who knows where I’d be today? It’s a subject that I feel incredibly passionate about and, for that reason, I absolutely wanted to share Ashley’s new ebook, Fit & Fertile, for any of you out there who may be going through (or know someone going through) the same thing.
I get many emails from readers asking about HA, and one of the first things I always say is NOT to worry because you CAN get past it. It takes time, and it takes a lot of effort, and it means taking the hard road…but it is all SO worth it. Not only for those looking to become pregnant, but just because you want to keep yourself healthy! Ashley has some great information on her website that you can read before purchasing, but having already read her book myself, I can tell you that it is 100% worth the read. If you know ANYONE at all who is struggling with HA, tell them about Ashley’s book! She’s also an incredible blogger, too, FYI! <3.
8. I’m cutting this week’s fun facts short because I have an Usborne Books party about to begin and I still need to grab myself a snack before it’s party tiiiiime.
Soooo, I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3