1. Heck YES to it being Friday. Let’s just start out with that one right away.
2. Earlier this week, Lucas and I decided to stop by and visit Jay at work on our way home from daycare. I thought it was a good idea at the time but, apparently, he did not.
Umm, yeah. He was not a fan of basically anyone that came remotely close to us. I guess that was a bad idea on my part.
He looks so friendly, doesn’t he?
3. So earlier this week when I made that chicken with the strawberry avocado salsa/salad? I neglected to mention that I had quite the encounter with the jalapeno that went into said salsa. Without realizing it, after seeding and chopping the stupid thing, I proceed to itch the side of my nose and under my nose onto my lip. It didn’t take long to notice, because holy crap did it BURN. I don’t think I’ve ever felt anything like that before, and all I kept thinking was, thank goodness I didn’t rub my eyes! After consulting good ol’ Mr. Google, I decided to try out a paste with baking soda and water…
Nice look, right? I really don’t even know if it did anything, but thankfully, the burning went away after about 45 minutes. Yikes.
4. I have been in need of a new clutch for a long time now, and after seeing this one earlier this week on Sole Society, I couldn’t help but buy it. I’m just in love with the mint green!
Right now, they’re having a deal where you can get 20% off of a $60 purchase, too. If you want to snag it, you can get it HERE.
5. As usual, a little inspiration for your Friday…
6. Cody was extremely curious about Lucas’s tubby the other night. So much so, that he supervised almost the entire bath time.
That photo on the right totally cracks me up…does it not look like Lucas is trying to take a selfie with Cody??
7. Thank you, Fabletics, for making some adorable workout clothes. I am so pumped about this outfit I just got in the mail yesterday!
I got the Norwalk Tank in Cucumber/Animal Impressions along with the Sydney Capri in Inkwell/Animal Impressions. The capris are definitely a bit outside of my standard plain black bottoms, but I’m diggin’ em and can’t wait to give them a go!
8. I have been having the absolute hardest time getting up in the mornings to workout this week. I don’t know what it is, but I think I’ve only managed two. I’m keeping my fingers crossed (since I’m writing this on Thursday evening) that the outfit above will keep me motivated to get up tomorrow morning.
9. You’d think I would have learned by now…never leave a basket of clean clothes out in the open.
Ohhh, Cody. You got me not once, but twice with the same basket of clothes.
10. I’m currently watching Grey’s Anatomy as I’m typing up this post and, man, I really wish I watched this show more often. It is always SO good! However, once I’m finished typing up this post, I’m totally throwing on Wednesday night’s episode of Nashville. It looked like it was gonna be a good one!
11. To finish things up for today, I’ll leave you all with a new house update…things are really moving right along!!
By the end of next week, the framing is set to be complete, and we’ll likely be doing our mechanical/electrical walk thru. I still just can’t believe it’s all happening…gahhh!
Okay my friends, I’m off to go watch my show. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing. We’ll likely be doing the whole packing thaaaang.