1. I. Am. So. Excited. For. The. Weather. This. Weekend.
I mean, really. Does it get much better than that? I think not. If you need to find me, look outside. Especially on Saturday…
2. …and that is because this Saturday Jay and I have plans to check out a Food Truck Festival in downtown Troy with our friends Joe & Kate.
The lineup at this thing sounds unbelievable…everything from pulled pork, to gourmet sliders, a “spud shack,” and shaved ice. I think the fact that all I technically wear these days are “stretchy pants” is going to work in my favor this weekend. ;)
3. We actually made plans to attend this with Joe and Kate on Wednesday when they were over for dinner. That awesome meal I told you about yesterday that I forgot to upload photos from? Well…here it is.
It was a killer (and filling) meal.
4. Apparently, we have the flu going around our office right now. Umm, it’s May…isn’t that supposed to be over by now? Me and my hand sanitizer are staying good pals these days.
5. Last night, I wound up with a MAJOR craving for rainbow sherbet. I don’t know if I can blame the warm weather or Baby Tooth for that one (probably both) but I needed it in a bad way. Lucky for me, Stewart’s is having a sale on all of their half gallons this week, so I grabbed one.
6. Funny enough, my plan was actually to make Jay pick some up for me on his way home last night, since he was working late. Turns out, the husband forgot a tool at home that he needed, so I ended up driving out to drop it off for him and picked this up on my way home. Husband now owes me big…and I am going to use this to my advantage as MUCH as possible. Mwahaha.
7. I have been LOVING fruit lately.
At least once a day I have a meal that incorporates at least 2-3 different kind of fruits, with strawberries being at the top of my list.
Another favorite of mine these days is cara cara oranges. I’ve been eating one as a snack everyday this week. YUM.
8. Tonight is Jay’s first softball game of the season (in his mens league…our coed team starts on Monday) and I already miss it. I’ll still be cheering from the sidelines though, and I’m definitely looking forward to seeing all of our crazy teammates again for another season of shenanigans.
9. Yesterday afternoon, Jay and I met with a potential babysitter/home daycare for Baby Tooth. As I mentioned before, this is probably my biggest worry/concern at the moment…I mean, how do you ever get to a point where you trust a total stranger to care for your newborn child? I went into it with an open mind, making a major effort not to judge for anything stupid right away. Well as it turns out, both Jay and I really liked her. While we still have some other things to check out, I really do have a good feeling about it…and if we can get that all straightened out now, then I will be on top of the world.
10. Unless something else changes, I think I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that I won’t know Baby Tooth’s name until he arrives. We’re basically down to 2-3 names right now – with possible initials being G, or L (Jay is also pulling for a D, but I don’t think that’ll be a contender). The weird thing is, I picture our G name as a brunette and our L name as a blond. I’ve been stuck on our G name for a LONG time now, but every time I picture our little guy, I see him with blond hair, so now I’m sort of hooked on the L name.
^^Yes, maybe now you can see why we haven’t picked out a name yet… ;)