2. Teething + colds for both kiddos has made for quite. the. week. this week. Poor guy…
Thank goodness for our trip last weekend to help us feeling a bit more refreshed and prepared to tackle it!
3. Jay made the most delicious dinner earlier this week.
It was pierogies (yum!) along with a mixture of sautéed peppers, onions, some spices, and BACON.
4. We have a stretch of weather coming up that basically just looks like low 50’s and rain for the next 5-7 days. BOOOOOOO.
5. For the first time in a LONG time I made myself a smoothie a couple of days ago and it was so good. I’m hoping to get back into the habit a bit more now that the weather is getting a bit better (well, minus the whole forecast I just mentioned in #4…).
To make it, I simply blended up a small frozen banana, about a cup of regular almond milk, a heaping tablespoon of peanut butter, a big handful of spinach, and a scoop of this Formulx vanilla protein powder.
I got that one a while back but I really do like it and it doesn’t bother my stomach the way some other powders do. I’d definitely recommend it!
6. I’m currently loving this upper body workout from Jessica Smith TV. It incorporates weights AND resistance bands, which I don’t use nearly enough. Love the switch up!
7. You want to know what’s really fun and super delicious? Prosecco with rock candy : )
8. You want to know what else is really fun? Enjoying a night out with my bestie, Kanika.
9. We met up last night for dinner at Troy Kitchen, which was a really cool, casual spot which is basically a “fancy food court.” Have any of you locals out there been yet??
They had some awesome options all for a great price, too (the food in front of Kanika pictured below was Chicken and Rice for only $5.99!!). So we shared the Chicken and Rice (with the owner’s recommendation of getting it with “white sauce, BBQ sauce, and light hot sauce”) and a pork burrito.
We were able to bring our food over to the bar area and sat and hung out for a couple of hours while eating, drinking Prosecco, and catching up. Love her <3
10. YAY for the weekend coming up…we’re getting started on our deck!!
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead!! <3