1. Since Jay and I totally dropped the ball on Cinco de Mayo this year, we made up for it on Wednesday night with some takeout Chipotle. You can never go wrong with a chicken fajita burrito bowl with lots of guac.
2. It’s been SO extremely beautiful this week…I swear, it almost makes up for the horrific winter we had. And maybe I’m weird, but one thing I absolutely love after being in a cool building all day, is getting in the warm car and waiting a few minutes before rolling the windows down or turning on the AC. There’s just something about that warm, cozy feeling (you know, until you start sweating) that is just so…comforting? Not quite sure what it is, but it’s my favorite.
3. I had a conference call yesterday with a couple of people from over in the UK, and I always get so thrown off by seeing the differences in the way dates and times are displayed.
There has been more than one occasion where I didn’t realize I was reading something international and totally got the date wrong. Whoops.
4. Are any of you guys out there electronic toothbrush peeps? The folks at Oral-B were nice enough to send me this sweet Oral-B PRO SmartSeries 5000 Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity. Yes, you read that right…they make toothbrushes with bluetooth connectivity now. Who knew?!
I guess with the rise in smart devices that allow us all to track and improve our health, it only makes sense to have toothbrushes do the same thing right? Way to go, Oral-B! Since it is almost Mother’s Day and all, I’m considering this a little treat for myself (especially since I said no gifts needed this year…we’ve got a new house on the horizon), and I’m sure it’d be a cool gift for the other moms out there. Because, really, who doesn’t love fresh pearly whites??
If you’re interested, Oral-B is also offering $20- and $30-off coupons on their elite models of electric toothbrushes (available now through 7/4). Thanks again, Oral-B!
5. As usual, a little inspiration for your Friday…
Amen to THAT.
6. My hands were so puffy the other day after being out in the heat for a bit, I could barely get any of my rings off. And also worth noting, I have a perma-indent on my wedding ring finger which I find rather amusing.
And also worth noting #2…I’m still loving the Sally Hansen polish. That polish job pictured above is a week old, with quite a bit of dishwashing, too. I’m totally impressed with the stuff!
7. Today is breakfast club at work and my “team” was up to bring something in. I actually forgot about it until last minute, but thank goodness I had all of the ingredients I needed to make a loaf of my Cinnamon Chip Studded Snickerdoodle Bread. Totally counts as a breakfast food!
8. The house continues to come along…we thought the framing might start this week, but it’s actually set to start on Monday. As of right now, the foundation is completely backfilled and they have in a rough driveway and sidewalk (crushed stone). It’s still so surreal to drive by and be like, woah, I’m gonna be living there?!
9. This guy has just been so fun lately. Talk about keeping us entertained!
I feel a bit bad for Jay though, because he seems to be going through another little stage where he’s all about mommy. Poor daddy…I’m sure pretty soon it’ll be the two of them against me, but for now I’ll take the extra attention.
10. Okay so, umm, do any of you guys have any good packing tips? I feel like I’m fine with packing up the things we don’t use everyday (or most often) but what happens as we get closer to the date? There are so many things that I look at and think, “I can’t pack that up until right before we leave!” So since I know that’s really not an option…help! Any advice?!
11. I’ve got a winner for the Sears gift card giveaway! Thanks to everyone who entered…the lucky winner is: Alyssa!
Alyssa says May 5, 2015 at 10:06 am I would love to buy myself some new shoes/sandals… since having my son almost two years ago most of my shoes don’t fit anymore
Congrats, Alyssa! Now let’s get you some shoes…shoot me an email at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you your gift card!
Alright my friends, I’m outta here for today. I hope you guys have a fabulous Friday and an awesome weekend ahead! Get out there and do something fun!
*Disclosure: A portion of this post (fun fact #4) was sponsored by Oral-B, #oralb. Thank you as always for your support of STSL <3