1. We’ve got a fun new project in the works!
2. Jay and I actually decided a few weeks ago to take a few days off of work together to make for an extra long weekend. We didn’t really have anything in particular in mind, but we threw out some ideas like going outlet shopping, planting some new shrubs, going out to lunch, going to see a movie…so for our first day off, we got started on a new project (for the boys!) and grabbed a delicious lunch.
3. That salad from Junior’s is so totally my jam. Just loooook at all that avocado <3 <3
4. Oh, and we did pick up a few new plants yesterday, too, including a hanging basket and a couple of these nonstop begonias to put up on the deck (along with our lemongrass, which is growing so nicely!).
Patio furniture is from Sears (you can see more in this post, but most of it is unavailable now) // string lights from Target // gazebo from Amazon // flower pots from Walmart // decorative pillows from At Home
I seriously just love this little space of ours, and am so looking forward to putting it to use tonight for a little girls’ night with the neighborhood crew.
6. Can I just say how much I adore being able to just be outside?!
As long as it’s not a meltdown city kinda night (which we’ve certainly had our fair share of over here lately!), we are outside from the time we get home until it’s time for bed. Even if it just means eating dinner on the deck, or enjoying a surprise beer that your neighbor stops by with after a long day of work.
I’ve been questioning just why we don’t live somewhere that has this kind of weather (almost) year-round. It’s just my favorite!
7. I ordered a new brand of collagen earlier this week and I’m eager to give it a try.
I’ve been using Vital Proteins collagen for almost a year now, but now that Jay is also using it daily (we both add a scoop or two to our morning coffee), we’re flying through it that much faster. The Vital Proteins brand has been great, but it’s definitely not cheap. I’d seen this Great Lakes Gelatin collagen floating around, and realized that it’s almost $20 cheaper (with 4 less ounces) and it had great reviews on Amazon, so I’m giving it a shot. Anyone else use this brand??
8. I also purchased both of the boys some new sneakers from Nike this week after seeing they were having a pretty good sale. I’m saving them for fall (because, kindergarten…gahhh), but I got both of them the Nike Star Runner (little kids size for Lucas and toddler sized for Alex) and they’re just too cute.
9. I also need to stop making so many purchases. Yikes.
Alright friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing (especially if you’re celebrating a special dad or father-figure in your life!) <3