1. We’re officially one (almost) full week in to having two kiddos. It still boggles my mind, and I have a feeling that it will for quite some time. But life is good. Like, so good. And also hectic, chaotic, exhausting, occasionally frustrating, and hard. But that doesn’t mean I’m not counting my blessings for these two amazing little guys.
2. I’m also counting my blessings for electronics because, well, they’ve been put to use a bit more than usual this past week when needed. It’s all about survival mode, right?
3. On Wednesday, I spent 2-1/2 hours getting the run around from one blood draw station and a hospital just in an attempt to try and get Alex’s bilirubin levels checked and OMG what an afternoon. (His levels were fine at birth and are still fine now, but his pedi suggested we get them checked because he has two hematomas from birth that, when they begin to break down, can apparently cause the bilirubin levels to spike – but looks like we’re in the clear!). Thankfully, Alex slept the entire time but wow, was I sore by the end of the day.
4. As I’m sitting here starting to type up this post on Thursday morning, Lucas came inside covered head to toe in dirt, dropping “dirt bombs” all over the kitchen, while Alex is laying next to me, snoring away through it all. I have a feeling this is a good reflection of what life will be looking like for a while.
5. We have had all sorts of delicious food this week thanks, in part, to family and friends! And for breakfasts, I’ve totally been into making simple oatmeal with blueberries, brown sugar, and almond milk with all sorts of peanut butter.
6. On Wednesday (before the whole fiasco with trying to get Alex’s blood drawn), we all headed out for Alex’s newborn photoshoot. I wasn’t fully prepared so Lucas was getting quite antsy towards the end, but he still did great considering how long we were there! I’m hopeful that we were still able to get some good family shots and shots of the two of them, but we shall see.
7. This little man is just too stinkin’ funny these days. He’s definitely trying to adjust to the new transitions and, for the most part, he’s doing really very well, all things considered. But he’s always got us laughing. <3
8. With everything that’s been happening in my life lately with having Alex and whatnot, I hadn’t really been all that aware of what’s been happening in the rest of the world this past week. Honestly, I’m having a really hard time paying attention to any sort of news lately because I feel like every time we turn around, there’s another horrific tragedy taking place. My heart is going out to so, so many right now and all I can do is hope and pray that some day, when our kiddos have grown, they will be living in a world that has somehow figured out how to change from what’s happening today. Katy actually put a lot of what I’m feeling perfectly into words.
9. And just so I don’t have to close out this post on such a heavy note, I’ll leave you with a little sneak peek at our tubby time shenanigans from a few days ago.
These boys just have my whole heart, and then some. <3
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday, and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!