1. Do you guys remember a couple of months ago when I was convinced I broke my toe? Well, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t broken, but I have a super gross toenail that I’m pretty sure is going to eventually fall off. Well, earlier this week, I wound up stubbing the same stupid toe on a cabinet (what was I doing??) and the thing hurts. A lot. Seriously, what are the odds??
2. I made my Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Banana Bread this week and it turned out SO good.
Note to self though…trying to bake when half of your supplies are still boxed up in random boxes is NOT ideal. I’m not sure how much more I’ll be baking until we’re settled in the new place.
3. Apples make me burp. Like, a decent amount. And they’re really the only fruit that I’ve noticed it happens with, whether I bite into it or cut it into slices. So weird. And random, right? Anyone else?
4. I was *this close* to purchasing this shower curtain from Target earlier this week, but I decided to hold off.
But really…I’m still totally loving it, and the possibility of me going back to get it is not quite out of the question.
5. One reason I love that curtain? I think it will look awesome with the cabinet color that is going to be in the main bath upstairs. I realized I haven’t really showed you guys cabinet colors that we chose, so here’s a sneak peek:
The two color cabinets pictured above are going to be in our kitchen. The brown/grey color (Anchor) will be on the perimeter of our kitchen, and the island will be the light grey/off white color (Sand Dollar). We also chose the same grey/brown color for the vanity in the main bath upstairs, which is why I’m thinking the yellow shower curtain would look super awesome next to it.
6. The granite that’s pictured above is very similar to what we originally chose, but we actually wound up going back and switching to a different one after seeing a large sample of our original one and thinking NO WAY (SO thankful we were able to see that and make the change in time!). Here’s the one we chose…
I love it!
7. I know that there has been a good number of sponsored posts in the past couple of weeks, so I just want to take a moment to first say thank you. I know sponsored posts aren’t for everyone, and I do try my best to space them out as much as possible. But unfortunately, sometimes posting dates are out of my control or get shifted on me and schedules change so they wind up way closer than I’d like. This summer has come with some fun opportunities for me to work on, but I know I wouldn’t have those opportunities without all of you. So, above all else, I just want to say thanks so much for reading and supporting this blog. It means more than you’ll ever know. <3
8. I had this lovely little cookie waiting on my desk yesterday morning from a coworker. He always makes some good cookies, and I’m so sad he’s actually leaving our office today.
9. So yesterday morning I stopped to get a cookie dough iced coffee from DD’s (no surprise), and as soon as I got to my desk, somehow the cup slipped right out of my hands and my coffee went all over the floor. Worst part? It was one of the best ones I’ve had in a LONG time. My boss felt bad for me, so he let me go get another, just as long as I came back with something for him, too. Noooo problem-o! But of course, the second coffee wasn’t nearly as good as the first.
10. This little guy sure does love his teddy and his sleep. We’ve been having to go into his room almost every morning to wake him up lately in the mornings.
And…those legs. <3 <3 <3
11. Forwarding mail from the post office makes me super nervous. I don’t know if this is normal (I’m assuming yes? Maybe?) but we’ll go for days without getting mail, and then suddenly a few will trickle in here or there. I’m totally convinced we’re going to wind up with something lost or missing. And then what happens when we have to forward again in a few weeks? Gahhh! Oh, and if you forget to change your address on Amazon? Expect your Prime shipment to take about two weeks. It’s happened to me…twice. Yes, I’ve finally remembered to update my address. 😉
12. Another quote from my desk calendar this week…this one made me think!
Lucky 13. I still haven’t gotten an apple fritter. I was going to this morning but we’re having breakfast club at work, so its definitely not the best day. I’m going to be on the hunt this weekend though, I can guarantee you that.
So Happy Fridayyyyyy everyone! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead. Anyone have any good plans for Father’s Day??