1. We got back the pictures from when we had Alex’s first birthday/family shots a few weeks ago and I am so excited about them. I don’t know how I’ll ever choose which ones to order blown up prints of?! Here are just a few of my favorites (all photos from Danielle Simmons Photography – Danielle is great!)
2. The week started off the best way possible, with a fun night out with some of my favorite girls. Being able to get out of the house for a few hours for drinks, good food, and tons of laughs is just what the doctor ordered!
We met up at Tipsy Moose Tavern and I enjoyed a couple hard ciders (apparently I’m hooked on ’em now), some pulled pork nachos, and the most incredible turkey reuben, which was basically deep fried (monte cristo style, I believe is what they call it??) and I’m sure wayyy worse for me than I ever want to know. ; )
3. We had a food truck at work earlier this week and the food was SO freakin’ good.
And because I’m all about that balance, I enjoyed an incredible salad (with things like grilled pineapple, mango, and cajun chicken!) with a big ol’ side of french fries. So, so good.
And apparently, this food truck will be coming back every Tuesday this summer…score!
4. We also had an ice cream truck stop by the office that same day this week, and I found myself in the mood for something fruity/watermelon. So I decided to get this watermelon ice. I figured, no harm, no foul, right?
Well….can you believe the sugar in that thing?!?!?!?
Seeing that totally ruined it for me. I mean, don’tget me wrong…I have no doubt that my sugar intake is ridiculous, but it doesn’t mean I want to see it written out for me.
5. I feel like I’ve got a lot of food talk going on today, so let’s keep it going.
6. We got another Blue Apron delivery this past week, and one of the meals was steak fajitas with jasmine rice. It was totally delicious (but I really wanted some avocado to go along with it!).
7. Alex has been a bit of a grump this week. I have no idea if it’s because he’s still getting past a cough/runny nose (aka, we ALL are, for that matter…3 weeks later?!?!?) or if it’s teeth (and if it is, he’s hiding them well!), but clingy and whiny has been the name of the game this week. The few things that make him happy? Food, milk, being held (my arms have been getting quite the workout at least!), and walks in the stroller.
I swear, he’d ride along for hours if he could.
8. Some of you may remember back in November when I hosted a Mystery Hostess Usborne Books & More party?? I gave away ALL of the hostess rewards to one lucky winner, and it was so popular that now I’m doing it once again!
You don’t want to miss out (plus, we just released a bunch of brand NEW titles!), because it could easily wind up being $100s in FREE books! And all you have to do to get entered is make a purchase from the party!
If you want an invite to the party (it’s a private event – I don’t like spamming people with invites if they don’t want them!), leave a comment below, shoot me an email (sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com) or message me on Facebook!
The more attendees, the bigger the rewards!
9. I realized earlier this week that I am TOTALLY lacking in the dress department for summer. I swear, I used to have a ton but I apparently must have donated them all away? I really love this dress, but don’t really have any occasion coming up for it…I love this casual dress and I also really love a simple maxi dress. Anyone else have any other recommendations?
10. I also really need a new bathing suit; I’m pretty sure the last time I bought one was in 2013! So here’s the catch…I’d love to find a one piece (love that they’re back “in” now), but I need one that will look good with a tiny chest (ugh, I don’t even want to talk about it…) and also be functional (aka, a la IMOMSOHARD). SO, tell me…where do I need to be looking for a good bathing suit?!?! I don’t want to spend a fortune, if possible. : )
11. I’m totally craving an orange and vanilla twist cone with LOTS of rainbow sprinkles right now.
Alright friends, I think that’s all I’ve got for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead! <3