1. These two. I just love them. To pieces.
The more and more they’re around each other, we’re slowly beginning to see them interact with each other just a bit more. It’s just so fun to watch the two of them together!
2. I had to laugh as I was scrolling through my blog reader this week…specifically on Wednesday, I believe it was. Because apparently, according to just about everyone out there, it was National Running Day. I think I was like, the only one in my entire feed (yes, I include myself in there) that wasn’t blogging about National Running Day. But hey, I did actually run on the treadmill this past weekend – how ‘bout that?!
3. Our friends’ cat, Zoe, is quite the character. She’s much more “in your face” than we’re used to with Cody (<- I just wrote Lucas there…), and she’ll come out of nowhere and be all like “Hey, I’m here! Gimme attention!” Yesterday, she jumped right up in the counter and into this box I had just emptied, and she hung out in there for a good 5-10 minutes. Too funny!
4. That box above, by the way? Filled with some goodies from the nice people at Tom’s of Maine! I’m excited to try out some of the products both on Lucas and myself (I’ve been looking into aluminum-free deodorant recently), and I’ll be sure to fill you in on any/all that I love!
5. One week from today…Orange is the New Black is BACK, baby!!!
6. This stuff. So. good.
7. After getting yelled at (jokingly) twice now by my friend Kanika, I’ve finally signed up for Ebates (<—referral link). Have you guys heard of it before? I’m sure many of you have, and I’m probably totally behind the times on this one, but she said that she gets some awesome cash back every quarter through them…just for shopping online. She said basically all she does is – anytime she’s about to make a purchase online – she goes to Ebates to see if the store is on there. If it is, she just clicks through the store and earns cash back. You can even use it on sites like Orbitz, when scheduling vacations?! She absolutely raaaved about it, so I was convinced enough to sign up (it’s free!). We’ll see if it lives up to the hype.
8. I cannot get over just how GOOD my salads have been this week. The chicken + strawberry + avocado combo has been knocking it out of the park!
9. I was quite lucky to receive some of this delicious wine from 90+ Cellars a couple of weeks ago.
I was recently contacted by Caitlin, who asked if I’d be okay with them including my recipe for Hawaiian Chicken Burgers (note to self, add this to the meal plan ASAP) in the insert of their weekender boxes. So cool!
As a thank you, she offered to send me a box, which I happily accepted! The only one I’ve tried so far is the Pinot Grigio (I brought the other two with us to our friends’ place!) and it was delicious. Thanks again, 90+ Cellars!
10. I heard some cool news yesterday…did you hear? Subway announced that they will be removing all artificial colors, flavors and preservatives from all of its menu items (salads, sandwiches, soups & cookies) across North American Restaurants within the next 18 months. I love hearing when restaurants are starting to take action on their menu items like this…way to go, Subway!
11. Have you ever had a particular item that you’ve had your eye on for a while – say, years, even – but just haven’t bit the bullet to purchase it? That’s how I’ve been for forever with the Naked Palate from Urban Decay. I love Urban Decay shadows and use them every day (Smog and Sin colors), and I have no doubt I’d love all of them in that palate! But why I haven’t just gone and purchased it (seriously, for year now…) is beyond me.
12. Jay and I have been back to watching our House of Cards episodes (YAY!) and the other night, I sipped on a Tazo Calm Chamomile tea (while sporting snazzy red socks, obviously…). This stuff was delicious! I’m not a HUGE tea drinker, although I do like it every now and then…but this was great.
I like to add a little milk and sugar into mine, and Jay thinks (although Kanika totally agreed with me). What do you guys think? How do you drink your tea??
Okay my friends, I’m off for today! I hope you all have a FABULOUS Friday and a fun weekend ahead! <3