1. This week has been a challenging one – both mentally and physically. On Wednesday, we laid my grandma to rest, and while it was a beautiful ceremony, it was certainly not easy. I’ve been feeling a bit drained ever since, due in part to the emotions of the week, but I’m also just feeling physically pooped.
Baby Tooth has also not been making things any easier, leaving me rather uncomfortable most days (punches and kicks to the ribs, bladder, and cervix…thanks, buddy). Whenever it starts to get really rough, I just remind myself that’s he’s active and healthy…and there’s only about 6 weeks left to go(!).
2.Did you guys know today is National Donut Day? Did you also know you can get a free donut from Dunkin Donuts with the purchase of a beverage?
Oh, you KNOW I celebrated Coffee Friday today with my free donut…blueberry cake, to be exact. Sooo delicious.
3. Can someone please tell me what the secret is to buying curtains without feeling totally overwhelmed? I am terrible when it comes to that stuff. Terrible. All I want is to find some window treatments (that aren’t going to cost me $200?!?) for the nursery. I need help.
4. Last night was the first night I made dinner all week. On the menu was our favorite Tilapia Tacos, but we also had a last minute side dish to add to the meal…baked onion rings.
I wound up seeing this recipe yesterday, and after sharing it with Jay, he became convinced that we needed them last night. We had all of the ingredients on hand, so I told him if he wanted them, he had to make them. Well, he made them…and they were yummy.
5. Thanks to everyone for entering the FitnessGlo giveaway! The winner of the 90-day membership is entry #80: Taylor Hughes!
Congrats, Taylor! Email me at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com so we can get you hooked up with your new membership.
6. Tomorrow is our second baby shower and I am sooo excited! The only downfall is that it’s technically a “backyard bbq,” and the weather has been looking iffy. My mom and I have have been watching the forecast all week like hawks…it’s been killing us because one station will say it’s going to rain all day, then another will say it’s going to clear up in the morning.
Gahhh, c’mon Mother Nature…give us clear skies for Saturdayyyy!
7. Tonight is gonna be a rowdy one, my friends! In case you need to find us, we’ll be cleaning out underneath the bathroom sink after our sink piping had to be replaced earlier in the week, putting away baby items, washing baby clothes, me most likely curling up under a blanket, eating homemade mac and cheese for dinner, and probably going to bed before 10pm.
And I am soooooo looking forward to it! :)
Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you have a great weekend!