1. Today my “baby” turns FIVE years old, and I still can’t even believe it. I mean, wasn’t he just born?!
Happy, happy birthday to my sweet Lucas! I’ve been doing lots of reflecting on this past year, and I’m sure I’ll be sharing soon, because four was a rollercoaster!
2. So one of the things that we always do while on vacation in Wildwood is stop at Douglass Fudge. I’m pretty sure they almost always have a “Buy 2 lbs, Get 1 lb Free” sale going on, and this year we took advantage since we were going to be buying 2 anyway. We gave a pound to my MIL for watching the house and Cody while we were away, and then we figured we’d keep a pound for us and then put the last pound in the freezer.
Well, that last pound has yet to make it to the freezer…and at this rate, I doubt it’s going to. Whooooops.
3. Is it just me, or is fudge one of the most dangerous (or, I don’t know, deceptive?) desserts ever? It’s right there, and you’ve got your little knife, and you think okay, I’ll just cut off a little sliver. And then you have another, and another…and before you know it, half a stick is gone.
4. Never did I think I could get a cut bad enough to make me bleed from the foil top of a can of almonds. Go figure?!
And that thing bled for a good 15 minutes!
5. So I was getting ANC (or dip nails, whatever you want to call it) for a couple of months, and I LOVE it, but decided to give my nails a little break. Ugh, they are SO brittle and gross now…this picture doesn’t do them justice.
I have this strengthening stuff I found in my arsenal of nail polishes, so I’ve been applying that 1x/day, but if any of you have any suggestions on what to use to help build them up a bit more, I’m all ears.
6. Where are all my jerky fans at?? I’m typically not all that into jerky, but Jay and I found this Korean Barbecue Pork Jerky on Boxed and it is SO GOOD.
It’s a little pricey, but cheaper on Boxed than on Amazon. Plus, if you use THIS LINK, you’ll get $15 off your first Boxed order of $60+! We order from them at least once a month for a lot of our household essentials (their Prince and Spring brand is great), as well as some different snacks that we and the kids fly through (like this jerky).
7. I had an appointment with my allergy/asthma doctor earlier this week, and while all is going well on the asthma front, my allergy-like symptoms have been crap. So for now, he suggested I take a daily Zyrtec, as well as Flonase Sensimist, on top of my already daily Singulair…Good. Grief. I’m actually considering going back to doing allergy injections, since our family’s deductible has already been met for the year and it cost significantly less to do it now. BUT, once January 1 rolls around, I’d be back to paying a lot. It’s also a bit of a commitment (1-2x/week, with having to sit and wait in the waiting room for 30 minutes post injection), but then again, if it helps with my constant runny nose and post nasal….decisions, decisions! Do any of you guys do injections? Did you ever get to “maintenance” (I didn’t when I did them before)?
8. Okay, my office is legit FREEZING in the summer. Any of my fellow working moms out there on the same struggle bus? You can usually find me bundled up in my big cozy blanket these days.
It’s another 4 week program, with a strong focus on strength training + some HIIT and cardio. I’m just coming towards the end of my first week (my workout on Tuesday involved cardio intervals with a jump rope and HOLY CRAP I AM SORE), but I’m already loving it. The split strength workouts (i.e., upper body, lower body, etc.) are totally my jam!
10. Aren’t these little activity books adorable?
We were recently sent a set of these I Can Do That! activity books from Gakken, which are filled with fun, super-easy activities like cool paper-folding projects, mazes, and other puzzles with adorable stickers.
Lucas’s favorites are definitely the stickers.
If you have any kiddos at home that would love these, too, I have TWO SETS to give away to TWO lucky readers! To enter, just leave a comment letting me know you’re interested on today’s post! : ) (*Open to US residents only)
Alright, I’m off to go spend my day with a very special five year old today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3