1. Hoooorayyyyy for Friday! I’ve been either a day ahead or behind pretty much all week, which can be super annoying (yay it’s Thursday! Oh wait…it’s only Wednesday). And Jay has also been away for work again this past week (booo), but he’s coming back today and we’ve made it to Friday. Life. is. good.
2. In case you’re curious, I spent a good 10 minutes looking at various someecards about Friday and laughed out loud on more than one occasion. Mostly at the ones I find hilarious but couldn’t post here. ;-)
3. A few days ago, I got to take a look at the slab of granite they’ll be using for our counter tops and even got to pick out the section they’ll use for our island. So fun!
(I chose the white section next to the cut out part on the top). And in addition to that, much to Jay’s dismay, I’ve now started looking at different backsplashes for the kitchen, too. We didn’t opt to add any while building, because we couldn’t decide and didn’t want to pay the $$$ right away, but I’m really loving the look of the white one on the left here, maybe with some light grey grout?
Perhaps it’s something we’ll add once we get settled in. Right, Jay? ;) But hey, if any of you out there are expert tile/grout people (or know one), send ’em my way!
4. I came across this wine rack on Zulily, and now I’m kinda thinking that I want to make one that looks just like it. We actually purchased some of the same stain that is used for our kitchen cabinets, so we’d even be able to make it match.
Yes, definitely thinking that needs to be done. I’m ready to get all DIY again!
5. This weekend we’ll be having a little, low key party at my parents’ house to celebrate the fact that my baby is turning 2. TWO. On Monday. I have no idea how it happened, but holy crap, they aren’t kidding when the say “the days are long, but the years are short.” I swear, I just wrote his birth story yesterday!
6. I’ve got some new digs at work. Check it out.
We had some relocation going on internally here at work, so now I’m actually back to working closer to where I was when I started working here a couple of years ago. But I’m loving my new space…it’s nice and cozy, and I actually get to see some sunlight now just around the corner which is a huge deal (my last spot had no windows in sight).
7. I had a bit of a proud mommy moment earlier this week. Lucas used his new potty for the first time!!
By no means, however, does this mean we’re potty training. I have no intentions of even starting that until we’re settled in our new house. But he’s been showing interest in them, so I figured I’d just buy one so he can explore it (and he loves to sit on it when mommy goes potty). So the other night after his tubby, I asked if he wanted to sit and try to go pee pee…and sure enough, he did! And then he got ALL excited and kept saying “more! more!,” and we had to try to tell him that that’s up to him. J So it’s only been the one time so far, but hey, at least he’s not afraid of the thing and I’m not trying to rush anything at all!
8. Jay updated my phone last weekend and now I have all new emojis. I don’t know what to do with myself.
And is it just me, or is it SUPER interesting to take a look at someone’s most frequently used emojis? #nosy
9. I’ve got a giveaway winner to share with you all! Thanks to everyone who entered the Sears gift card giveaway – the lucky winner is Rachel M.!
Rachel M says,” I actually remembering getting my back to school outfit from Sears in 6th grade! It was a plaid tweety bird outfit, and I thought it was amazing! I would love to make a new memory for my kids, maybe a better/trendier option!”
Congrats, Rachel! Please email me at sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com so I can get you hooked up with your new gift card!
10. As I mentioned on Instagram yesterday (you following yet??), it’s a real good thing that the people who bought our old home are nice enough to let me know when a new package arrives. Otherwise, I would have missed this snazzy new Love Drop from Love Grown Foods!
Maybe one of these days I’ll finally have all of our mail and shipments delivered to one home…and have it be the correct home…!
11. Oh, the anticipation of those little piggies going to the market and going “wheee whee wheee, all the way home”…
Cracks the both of us up every time. <3
Alright my friends, I’m out of here for today. I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!