1. Last day of July. Wow…how did we get here already? Not that I’m complaining though…I’m okay with having this month behind us.
2. We have got quite the little fish on our hands. The child absolutely looooves the water, and gets more and more daring by the day.
Oh lord, help me.
3. I went out to lunch with one of my girlfriends from work yesterday to a nearby little Mediterranean spot called Garlic Lovers Corner. I think I’d only been once before, which was way before this blog started, but I can’t believe I’d waited so long to go back. It was SO good!
We both started off by sharing the GLC Plate, which comes with hummus, baba ghanoush and tzatziki with fresh pita bread.
Innnnncredible. And while I could have made a meal out of that alone, we both decided to split/share a Greek salad + a Chicken Pita.
The pita actually reminded me a lot of my Chicken Souvlaki Pitas with Tahini Sauce. Absolutely delicious! Even if Jay informed me 8 hours later that I had “Mediterranean breath” as we were talking close. Gahhhh.
4. In case you wanted to know…yesterday was my half birthday.
And my dad was the first one to remember and indulge me in my silly celebrations (do you remember back in the day when Jay made me a surprise half birthday cake??) of half birthdays. <3
5. You can tack this one on to the list of things I have been meaning to share with you guys for a while now (months, in fact), but I’ve gotta tell you guys how much I am LOVING this Full Thickening Mousse from Living Proof.
I was sent some samples a while back, and this one is one that managed to make the move with me. I use it probably every other day (or just on days when I really want/need a little extra volume) and I’d be tempted to say it’s probably one of the best volumizing mousses I’ve ever tried. And trust me…I’ve tried TONS of them. So for any fellow fine/limp hair ladies out there, I can’t say enough about this stuff!
6. So Lucas has a new thing…he’s alllll about the dirt.
I saw these pics after he spent the day with his grammy earlier in the week, and she was telling me what an absolute blast he was having.
Ohhh, and to think…this is only the beginning. Any tips out there from fellow boy moms, or should I just always keep tons and tons of soap on hand?
7. We got the email yesterday…we have our first official walk thru at our house next Thursday! The house is set to be complete by then, and I am over the moon excited! I stopped over there the other day and peered in the windows a bit to see what was new…looks like we’ve got bathrooms and flooring!
And yes, the pictures are terrible because I took them through dirty windows. But you get the idea!
8. I’m sort of obsessed with this shirt. Amen to that, right??
9. Giveaway alert! You guys know about Van’s Foods, right? I’ve raved about their pastas, cereals, granola, and waffles for a while now, and they’ve recently added two delicious new varieties to its award-winning cereal line: Blissfully Berry, with natural strawberry flavor, and Cocoa Sensation, made with real cocoa. They both boast great nutrition facts, like 17 grams of nutrient-dense whole grains, 5-6 grams of fiber, no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no dairy, egg or corn.
To celebrate, they’re holding a pretty sweet giveaway with over $100 in prizes!
If you want to enter, feel free to check out the Rafflecopter giveaway below…you’ve got TONS of ways to enter and win!
10. Does anyone out there have any great recommendations on where to find a good dining table (and maybe chairs) without breaking the bank? We’re going to need a new one once we’re moved in, but I also don’t want to invest in something wicked expensive with a toddler running around. I’m all ears, so tell me what you’ve got!
11. I’m wrapping up this post so I can go make myself a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cone, which I’ve been waiting all day for. Heck. Yes.
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing!!