1. We’ve officially received Lucas’s kindergarten teacher/information for September, which is making things seem awwwwwwfully, real. I still can’t believe we’re only three weeks away…how is this even possible?!
2. To help get ourselves organized a bit better, we have some of these amazing labels from our friends at NameBubbles!
We got the Kindergarten Labels Pack, which not only comes with all sorts of different labels (for supplies, clothes, shoes, and more) but they’re totally customizable too, which makes them even more fun! If you’re at all in the market for some labels for your kiddos, I would HIGHLY recommend NameBubbles – we’ve been using them for a while now (we had labels for the boys’ daycare, too!) and they’ve withstood plenty of wear and tear (including numerous cycles through the dishwasher with NO damage in sight).
3. So I wound up with the most random, sudden, awful allergic reaction in my eye earlier this week. It came out of nowhere as I was washing my face, and within a mere matter of minutes, my eye was watering like mad and practically swelling shut on me. On top of that, the whites of my eye got all puffy and it was just so, so gross. It freaked me out to the point where I almost went to an on-call for it, but I went the Benadryl + ice route, and went to sleep hoping I’d still wake up with 2 functioning eyes. Thankfully, I did. 😉 And it appears that it was likely a case of allergic conjunctivitis. I have no clue what could have caused it, but I’d have to guess maybe it was one of Cody’s hairs? Regardless, it took about 3 days for my eye to get totally back to normal…yikes!
4. Do any of you have an abundance of zucchini on hand? Well here’s my annual reminder to go ahead and check out THIS POST for all sorts of delicious, zucchini-loaded recipes. Everything from casseroles and latkes, to brownies and cupcakes! You’re welcome. ; )
5. I’m slowly finishing up the last week of the 4-week FB Mass workout program from Fitness Blender, and WHEW!! The last two leg workouts I had were killerrrrr (like, to the point where I needed to take an extra rest day after each of them to recover those sore muscles!), and I am absolutely loving the upper body split workouts this week (back/biceps, chest/triceps, shoulders/lats). I am definitely going to be starting up a second round of this one once I finish, and I truly am just L-O-V-I-N-G strength training these days. It’s my jam(!) and I’d be 100% okay if I never hopped on another treadmill again.
6. Sometimes, you just need a little mid-week drink with a girlfriend once the kiddos are in bed. #amiright?
7. I can’t believe that I completely forgot all about choosing the winners from the I Can Do That! activity books giveaway. I am so sorry for being, umm, about 3 weeks late!! But congratulations to both Carly McNeil & Kayla!
Be sure to shoot me an email (sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com) with your mailing address, ladies, and I’ll make sure those get sent out!
8. I’ve gotta say…I think I’m sort of over the whole pumpkin craze. The fact that companies are already trying to promote the return of all. the. pumpkin. (ahem, Dunkin’) and it’s only mid-August? C’mon now, folks. Let’s try to enjoy the rest of summer first!
9. Jay and I will be enjoying a kid-free night away tonight, and I am SO pumped. We’re staying somewhat close and heading up to Lake George (you can see a couple blast-from-the-past posts from a trip we took back in 2010 both HERE and HERE). Geez, we were babies…
I’m hoping to find some good food, do a little outlet shopping, and whatever else comes our way for our quick trip away. For anyone local, if you have any recommendations on where to go for dinner or breakfast, let me know!
Alright friends, I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3