1. I’ll tell ya what, after writing up yesterday’s day in the life post, I feel like today’s fun facts may wind up being a bit short. That post took up just about everything worth mentioning for the week, ha!
2. We were invited over to our neighbor’s house for dinner earlier this week as a mini celebration for Lucas’s birthday (how sweet, right?). We had the most delicious grilled pizza (always a favorite!), salad, and a classic ice cream cake for dessert.
And in case you’re wondering about the 30 on the cake, they were the only candle numbers they had, but we justified it since Jay just turned 35, making Lucas 30 years younger. I mean…we were sorrrrta close.
3. I’ve gotta say, watching the relationship between these two is just SO fun.
Also incredibly exhausting, but man, I just love those moments when they’re totally in their own little world and just carrying on and interacting like tiny humans.
4. Most of you likely know of Alex’s love for his baby by now, and I’ve had a few of you reach out recently asking where we got him. I found this doll on Amazon, which comes in a few different colors/genders/ethnicities, and it really the perfect size. I’d highly recommend!
5. Every once in a while, I get a big craving for Stewart’s iced coffee…and yesterday was one of those days.
If you’re not local (i.e., from the northeast area) then you likely don’t know what Stewart’s Shops is (are?), but their iced coffee has a super unique taste (it comes pre-sweetened) and they also have some of my FAVORITE cookie dough ice cream. Love me some Stewart’s!
6. If I have any fellow mommies out there looking for a good cry (especially if you also have one heading off to kindergarten this year like we do…gahhhhh) then go ahead and read this post. Just don’t do it while you’re at work (or in public) and start crying ugly tears like I did. Good grief.
7. Heads up! All Sambucol Black Elderberry products (syrup, gummies, tablets) are an extra 10% off this week on iHerb! (affiliate link – which can also get you $5 off your first order, using code SAZ564!) Back to school is right around the corner, which means germs will inevitably be back in full swing soon enough. To try and ward off some of those bugs, me and the boys started taking elderberry syrup (or gummies) late last winter, and will likely need to start stocking up again soon!
8. I’m currently wondering if I can somehow convince Jay to go out this weekend and pick up some of these donuts. So hey Jay, if you’re reading…wink wink. ; )
Alright, I think that’s all I’ve got for today. Tomorrow we celebrate Lucas’s birthday one last time with a bowling party for him and his best buds, we’ve got a kid-free night out on tap, and hopefully some pool time! So I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, and we’ll catch up again next week <3