1. Three cheers for FRIDAYYYY!! Did everyone have a great week? Ours was a little crazy since our usual daycare provider was on (a well-deserved!) vacation all week. But we’ve managed to make it work!
2. I can’t even take this kid in his shades (which actually used to be Lucas’s).
3. Did you guys check out the post I shared on the STSL Facebook page the other day? Umm, I MUST get my hands on that stuff (as I sit here typing and eating a double stuff Oreo…no shame in my game).
4. So while I was at At Home last weekend, I randomly decided to pick up a new pair of curtains to try out for the living room. Here are the old ones that we had/have, which are these from IKEA.
I still like them, and there’s nothing wrong with them, but they reeeeally need to be hemmed and I also need to find some different types of tie-backs for them because I hate how they hang there.
So I actually found this random pair (which matches our pillows) for only $34.99, and I don’t think I hate them.
I feel like maayyyybe they warm the room up a bit more? They, too, need to be hemmed and still need tie-backs, but I’m still trying to figure out if they’re keepers.
5. But I mean, really, it’s not like it matters what I do to decorate in the living room anyway. Because this is what it looks like for about 90% of the day, everyday.
6. There was someone in my Facebook news feed last week (I think it was Lindsay??) that shared this post: The Train Analogy That Will Completely Change How You See Your Crying Child, and something about it has really stuck with me. It was definitely a great read, and has left me thinking twice about how I want to handle certain parenting situations.
7. By the way, thank you for all of the kind words on Tuesday’s post. One of the things that I miss about blogging (well, maybe not all blogs, but on this one, haha) is the comments/discussions. So any posts that can garner more feedback from you guys are always fun for me to read through <3
8. So I’ve been on the whole “time to cut the hair again” bandwagon for a few weeks now…but then I actually took the time to wash, fully dry, AND curl my hair this past week (TWICE, in fact!) and now I’m all, hmmmm…maybe I don’t want to cut it??
9. Every once in a while, if I’m trying to search through the blog archives for something, I’ll come across an old post that I really enjoyed writing/reading but forgot about. This post is one of them!
10. Where are all my teachers out there??? I’m hosting another super fun Usborne Books Mystery Hostess party all for TEACHERS next week, and if you’re a teacher, you need in on this!! If you’d like an email, just leave a comment below or email me!! There’s going to be some goodies and free books up for grabs!
11. Is there some sort of crazy allergen in the air right now? Because my goodness I’ve been feelin’ something! Ugh. Go away, boogies.
12. Okay, does it drive anyone else bonkers when they open up a brand new container of something…only to find that it’s basically like, HALF full??
Don’t get me wrong…we’re big fans of OLLY over here (Lucas has been taking their multi-vitamins for a while now, and I just recently got this kids smoothie mix, which Lucas loves!), but seriously. Why waste all of the packaging, never mind the fact that it’s super misleading?! Ahh well.
13. Can’t let things like that bother you too much when you’ve got these faces to keep you happy, amiright?
Alright my friends, I’m off for today! Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3