1. Alright, sooooo potty training a toddler with a newborn is definitely not for the weak at heart. And honestly, it hasn’t even been that bad (I’m loosely following what’s outlined in this potty training book)! But man, it’s exhausting. And when the heck do you end up feeling comfortable to go out in public with said (semi) potty trained toddler? We’ve been holed up in the house all week naked from the waist down (him, not me…) so I’ll be happy when we can get OUT again. For now, we’ve been enjoying the AC (because holy CRAP it’s hot out) and I make them sit and let me take their pictures.
2. Alex had his 2 month check up yesterday and is measuring in at the 90th percentile just like his brother is. Apparently we grow big boys over here?! I’m hoping to have his two month update post put together sometime next week.
3. Okay, so after mentioning LulaRoe on the blog last week, I had quite a few people reach out (some of which I still haven’t gotten back to – I’m so sorry! I’m hoping to ASAP!) and I have since had the pleasure of experiencing the LulaRoe leggings. Oh. My. God. You guys weren’t kidding when you said they were beyond comfortable(!!).
I want to have my entire wardrobe made of this material now…aka, I must check out their other items (my friend Sarah told me they apparently have a wicked cute Carly dress??).
4. I’ve been having an awful lot of fun on Instagram stories lately. I can see how people can get addicted to this sort of thing!
I’m trying very hard to refrain from sharing every. last. detail. of my day…but I’d be lying if I said the thought didn’t cross my mind to share something at least 20x a day. What do you guys think of Instagram stories so far??
5. I kind of shocked myself the other day by actually taking a picture of one of my meals. I feel like I haven’t done that in weeks?! We’re suuuuper low on food this week so it’s been slim pickins…but this omelet + avocado + fresh tomato lunch the other day was fantastic.
6. For the past two weeks or so, I’ve said that I was going to try and bring back the weekly meal plan posts. But then life happens, I don’t get to the store, and we wind up eating leftovers and sandwiches, and nothing exciting. I’m looking forward to having some more real meals soon, so when I do I’ll be sure to start sharing again! But for now, feel free to check out some of the archives – I’ve been doing that for inspiration lately myself!
7. Have you guys been watching much of the Olympics? I’ve caught a few things here and there, but the other night I found myself totally entranced while watching the men’s synchronized diving. I mean, talk about incredible?!
8. I’ve been looking through my closet lately and realized that I’m probably due for a good purge soon. Of course, I’ll need a few new things to update though! And since I’ll be heading back to work in less than a month and won’t be able to live in shorts and t-shirts all day anymore, I’m gonna need some new stuff. I’m sort of obsessed with this top, and I really like this tank for layering. I also adore this sweater (even if it IS currently like, 100 degrees outside) and could totally see that being a fall staple.
9. I was totally excited when POPSUGAR sent me this Must Have Box to try earlier this week! It’s full of awesome stuff, including those sea salt chips, which totally rocked my world.
If you want to check them out, you can do that HERE! And feel free to use code SHOP5 (which never expires) to get $5 off your FIRST Must Have Box!
10. There’s still time to enter the $100 Sears gift card giveaway, so don’t forget to get your entries in!
Alright my friends, I’m off for today. I hope all you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3