1. Okay, I really do not want to wish the summer away (at ALL) but I’m getting a serious itch to start doing fall decorating. Gahhh! I already promised myself I would at least wait until September 1st, though…so perhaps it will have to be a Labor Day weekend thing?
2. Have you guys HEARD about the latest m&m flavor headed our way???? I’m stocking UP.
3. I’m having a bit of an internal struggle on what I want to do with this room of our house.
When we built, we took what would typically be considered the dining room, and planned on using it more as my office. It has since become more of a home office/toy junk yard, and something needs to be done about it. I struggle because it’s not exactly a room that I can just close off from the rest of the house since it has the open doors.
3.5 And I feel like, as hard as I try, right now there’s just no getting away from the fact that it serves just as much of a purpose being a playroom as it does an office. So I think I want to get some new bookshelves.
And maybe a large storage ottoman or toy chest. Any anything else I can find to easily hide the clutter. I also want to find something that I can hide our printer in too, since a certain someone likes to get his tiny fingers all over the buttons…
SO, if you have any ideas or feedback, please, send ‘em my way!!
4. Who out there has found themselves up to their eyeballs in zucchini??? Well if that’s you, have no fear…you just need to check out this post for the answers to all your problems. ; )
5. Long time readers may already know/remember my love and appreciation for LaTortilla Factory wraps. And I’m SUPER excited to be partnering with them on a fun new recipe (heading your way real soon!), featuring some of their new Non-GMO Hand Made Style tortillas. They’re SO good! But in the meantime, you guys need to check out their hilarious #AbuelitaisUnimpressed sweepstakes. You can win free tortillas for a YEAR, and that’s basically a dream.
Be sure to hurry up and enter, because the competition ends August 30th (and you can also snag a $1 OFF coupon right from the sweepstakes site, too!).
You can also create a super fun meme using their #AbuelitaisUnimpressed meme generator, like this one below that I just made…
Hehe ; ) Share your own #AbuelitaisUnimpressed moment for a chance to win free tortillas! Use the hashtags #AbuelitaisUnimpressed and #Sweepstakes, and mention @latortillafactory to be entered to win!
6. I may or may not have done a little retail therapy shopping at one of my favorite spots earlier this week. I’m thinking I may have to put a post together next week with some details on what I found?!
7. You guys, it’s been a busy month on the Usborne Books front. I’ve had some amazing hostesses earn some serious free books for their kiddos (my last hostess just earned $220 in FREE books, seriously!). And I’ve had some incredible girls join my team. It’s been busy, but it’s been fun. Like, SO fun. And things are only going to keep getting busier, thanks to the upcoming holiday season (hello, holiday shopping!).
8. So if you’ve thought at all about Usborne (maybe you thought about checking out a few books for yourself?…or maybe you’ve tossed around the idea of having a party of your own but weren’t sure how it worked/if you could “do it”?…or maybe you’ve been trying to come up with some ways to earn a little extra income for the holidays or to pay the grocery bill…or the mortgage?)…
If any of those fit you at all, we really need to talk, my friend! Because the more involved I get with these books and this company, the more excited I get. I absolutely LOVE spreading these books to kids across the country, and seeing parents from my past parties popping in to share pictures of their kiddos with their new books is one of my favorite things.
I’d love to help give you some personalized recommendations, some free books of your own, or even guide you (step by step!) on how YOU can spread these books to kiddos everywhere, too. We have SUCH a great team, and I love treating my girls to some goodies along the way, too. So if you’re even just the slightest bit curious, just shoot me a message or an email and we can chat. Seriously, no pressure.
9. I think (and hope) you guys know that I try really hard not to talk TOO much about Usborne, since I know that’s an entirely separate thing from this blog. But since this blog = life, and a bit part of my life these days = Usborne Books, it’s bound to pop up here and there. So I always appreciate you guys listening, even if it’s not something that interests YOU. I’m just so excited about it right now, and I have a hard time keeping that in sometimes. ; )
10. I gave this little snack “plate” a try this week on a whim and I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely good for needing something on the go with a little protein!
11. Jay and I both took the day off from work tomorrow and I’m looking forward to some fun! We were originally planning on going away for the night, but those plans fell through; so instead, I’m starting out my day with a massage, trying out a lash lift procedure (eeeek! so pumped, I’ll report back!), and then Jay and I have a few other things planned during the day, followed by dinner and drinks in the evening. WOO HOO!!
Okay my friends, I’m outta here for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead <3