1. What do you do after spending 2-1/2 hours walking through your new home and are starving? You hit up Five Guys for a celebratory burger and fries, that’s what!
2. As for the walk thru? It went awesome! We walked the entire house, inside and out, checking for any minor issues like paint, chips, or anything else. We created a punchlist, and the builder will work on getting that completed by Monday. Then, we have our final final walk thru on Tuesday, hopefully (knock on wood!!) with a closing shortly thereafter. Eeeek!
We didn’t wind up taking any new pictures of the house yet, but we did take all the measurements for the windows and also narrowed down our paint selections a bit more…
After the recommendations from reader, Sarah, we basically have it narrowed down to one swatch, considering both the top and middle colors.
I’m liking both of them in the kitchen so far, so I think we’re going to purchase sample cans of both and paint some larger areas to get a better feel for them. And no, I wasn’t purposely trying to flip Jay the bird in these photos, which he pointed out. Whooops.
3. After grabbing our lunch yesterday afternoon, we made our way back to the tile place (for the locals, Albany Marble – they are FABULOUS!) aaaaaand…we bought a backsplash. Wooo Hooo, I convinced him! Our plan is to do a 3 inch wide section of this along the bottom…
followed by a pencil tile trim and the same white handcrafted subway tile that I showed you guys a couple of weeks ago. I’m SO excited about it!!
4. Earlier this week, I picked up these panels on sale at Target for our office. I’m thinking that I may want to add some pops of blue in that room, so we’ll see how they look once they’re up there! I also spent some time checking out some of their rugs (also on sale), and there are a few that I seriously have my eye on…but I’m holding off for now.
Plus, I’m so bad at mixing patterns. Does it work? I have no clue.
And as if Target didn’t already have enough that I wanted to buy…I then spotted these accent tables. I feel like I neeeeed them for our living room!! #outofcontrol
5. I had a rare opportunity to be able to actually just sit and watch Lucas play with his daddy and Uncle D, and it was just the greatest. Considering the fact that Lucas is probably 98% alllll about mom, all day every day, I love when he spends some extra time with Jay. I just love watching them play.
6. I came across this quote on my desk calendar earlier in the week, and it just so happened to have really, really good timing.
Such a good reminder, right?
7. Last night I ate cereal for dinner and it was everything I could have wished for.
Sometimes it just hits the spot, you know?
8. Yesterday afternoon was a productive one, indeed. After hitting up the tile place, we headed down the road to Mooradians to check out their couch selections. We actually came across a set that we really, really like, which is also customizable to where you can pick your own fabrics and everything.
We still want to look around a bit more to make sure we don’t rush into this purchase, but we’re definitely considering them. They had so many different fabric selections that we loved! Here is a sampling of some of our favorites for accent pillows against a light grey sofa…
If we do decide to go this route, how I’ll ever actually decide on the fabrics is beyond me. But it’s still fun to look.
9. You’d really think our money tree is just dropping leaves like it’s hot with all of this purchasing…but it’s really not. If you need us for the next year or two, you’ll likely find us at home eating PB&J sandwiches.
I kid…sort of.
10. I really should even call this post a fun facts post, because it’s basically a run down of our Thursday, but I’m too lazy to come up with a new title, so fun facts it is. Plus, I need to wrap this up so I can try to go give myself a mini pedicure or do something with these feet. Yikes…
Happy FRIDAY my friends! I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend, whatever you may be doing!