1. I went and did a little thing with my hair this week! Here’s where it was at before…
And here’s the after!
We cut quite a bit off, but I’m actually going back to do a little tweaking to the color because it didn’t come out quite like we were hoping (was trying to get a little bit of a warmer color overall, and the blonde pieces got a little too light for me!). So it may look a bit different after tonight, color-wise, but it felt SO good to give it a little chop!
2. If you’re on Facebook and want a REALLY good chuckle, go do your yourself a favor and check out the comments on this post from Life of Dad. I was legit laughing out loud (almost crying!) at a bunch of them. One of my personal favorites… “Did you ever stop to think you deserve it? Around here snitches get stitches!” GO READ IT.
3. This picture basically portrays how I feel every time I get to eat ice cream, too.
My (little) man. <3
4. I finally tried out this new(ish) Chobani with the Almond Butter mixed in, and I’m giving it two thumbs up! I loved how the almond butter helped tame the tartness of the yogurt a bit, and it was just overall good.
5. Anyone else feel me on this one…?
6. We had a coworker in the office last week from Australia and he brought some of these TimTams (cookies? biscuits?). Wowwwww.
I’ve been told they’re actually sold here in the states, no idea if that’s a) true, and/or b) if they are the real deal, but these things are crazy good. Have you tried ’em??
7. Do you have loads of apples on your hands from apple picking? We haven’t gone just yet (apple picking in 80 degree weather isn’t really my jam…hoping we get a little cooler this weekend or next to be able to go!), but once we do, I’m definitely planning on doing a little baking! Here are some of my favorites, in case you need some inspiration for your own apple haul…
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal
- The Best Crockpot Applesauce Ever
- My Favorite Apple Crisp
- Vanilla Glazed Cranberry Apple Cookies
8. So I’m starting to wonder whether or not I may have some sort of allergy or intolerance to…you guys ready for this?… WINE!!
I finally put two and two together recently and realized that, often times when I drink wine, I almost always get really congested, my asthma will start acting up a bit, and my face/sinuses will hurt. Sometimes it’s more/less intense than others, but I can recall it really being bad after drinking sangria made with red wine at a Christmas party last year.
So now I’m all like, what the heck?! The motherhood gods don’t reeeeally expect me to give up wine, do they?! If anyone out there has any experience, suggestions, recommendations…anything! I’m all ears.
9. So I had a little bit of a moment this week. We’ll call it a ‘moment’ just because it really wasn’t a big deal, but it is something I thought might be worth sharing because it’s been a while since I dove into anything other than surface level. It was brief, but it surprised me.
Earlier this week was apparently National Daughters Day. I have many, many wonderful people/friends/family in my life who have daughters, and I had the opportunity to see them share their love, appreciation, and gratitude for them. And then, out of nowhere, that little pang hit me. I’ve touched on this in the past (<–one of my favorite parenthood posts about having 2 kiddos!), but I tried to be very honest about the fact that I did experience some disappointment when I realized we wouldn’t be having a little girl in our family. It probably took me until Alex was just about a year old when I finally felt like I could honestly say that I was okay with that fact. And from that point on, I’ve been good with it. Great, actually! So that’s why I was surprised by my feelings when I saw everyone posting about their sweet daughters, and I felt a little like I was…missing out.
I guess maybe it’s a feeling that will always lie a bit under the surface for me, but that certainly doesn’t mean I’m not okay with it or that I’m unhappy. Because I’ll tell ya, nothing could be farther from the truth.
They’re my ev-er-y-thing.
10. Now don’t anyone go thinking we’re going for a third baby. We good. ; )
Alright, my friends! I wish you all a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead <3
Dietitian Jess says
Rachel Schlosser says
Angela Cerchio says
Alicia K says
Sheila Kini says
Mary Burns says