1. Whew, well THAT week went by fast. I definitely did not intend to stay away from here for so long, but I wound up devoting a lot of my time to some fun new stuff that’s coming up on the horizon, and I’m excited to share some more about that next week!
2. We got everything that I ordered for the updated office/boys’ space delivered throughout this week.
Looks like we’ve got some work ahead of us. Eeeeek, I can’t wait!!
3. Last night marked our official first Open House as parents. Oh my goodness, I just loved getting to see all of the stuff he’s been working on.
I still remember Open House as a young teacher and was always SO nervous for that evening! But this was a great sneak peek into Lucas’s classroom and I’m just so excited for him. Better yet, I’m actually going to be volunteering in his room once a week this year, which I am just thrilled about.
4. Speaking of school…! We’re definitely still adjusting to the new routine, and we have our good days along with our tough days. But Lucas really does seem to love school, and he gets so excited to get on the bus every morning.
His bus driver just informed me the other day that he’s really “come out of his shell,” and I can only imagine what that entails!
5. Meanwhile, little brother is just dying to be able to get on the bus with his big brother every time he sees it. It’s so cute.
Before you know it, buddy. Before you know…
6. As we enter into October, which is also well known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I wanted to share a very special campaign page for a good friend of ours, Katelyn. Katelyn is the daughter of our boys’ babysitter, and was diagnosed with breast cancer last year (and she’s not even 30). Thankfully, she’s now in remission, and she has signed up to walk and fundraise again for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. If you feel so inclined to check out her page, you can do so HERE!
7. I’m sure I’ll be taking this back in a matter of months, or possibly even weeks…but can I just say, I actually kind of enjoy packing up Lucas’s lunch for school everyday??
Seriously, I can’t say enough about these Bentgo Kids Lunch Boxes. They’re so great.
He really doesn’t have a large rotation of favorites, and I do try to at least play around occasionally with the different snacks that are included, but I need some new ideas. Any resources you love (besides Pinterest, haha!?)
8. Have you guys heard of Butcher Box?? If not, you absolutely have to check it out.
If I’m certain about anything, it’s the fact that Jay and I will always be carnivores. We love meat, and there’s definitely no chance we’re ever going to be giving it up. BUT, we are trying to pay more attention to the quality of the meats we’re purchasing.
Butcher Box is a subscription/delivery service, offering various monthly plans including 20 different cuts of beef, chicken, and pork. Their beef is 100% grass-fed and grass-finished, their chicken is free-range organic, and their pork is heritage breed. On top of that, all of their animals are humanely raised and free of antibiotics and hormones.
When we’ve received a box, I typically leave out what I know we’ll eat that week, and then we just store the rest in the freezer until we’re ready for it.
The meat is SO good, and you really can taste the quality. Right now, they’re offering 2 lbs of FREE GROUND BEEF in EVERY BOX for the life of your membership. Totally amazing! (Psst, plus, if you’re a member of Ebates, you can also get an extra $5 cash back on your order!)
9. Okay, parents of those in diapers. I need your tips, advice…something. Alex wakes up every single morning SOAKED, and the amount he is able to pee through his diaper during the night is simply uncanny. I’ve tried limiting what he drinks in the evenings, but that doesn’t seem to help much. He’s currently wearing Pampers Swaddlers (size 6) so it’s not like I can go up a size…we did used to use the overnights, and I suppose I could try them again, but I don’t remember seeing a huge difference with them. So if you have a brand, a trick, or anything, please…help a gal out!
Alright my friends, that’s all for today! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3