1. The 2019-2020 school year has begun!
Both of the boys had great first days, and are looking forward to the school year ahead. Lucas got off on the bus no problem, and is loving the fact that he has some friends from the neighborhood joining him this year!
Alex also really seemed to love preschool, which was somewhat of a relief for me (since we never really know what we’re going to get with this one!).
Since yesterday was more of a “meet and greet” type of day, we didn’t have to leave him, so I’m sure that made a big difference. Of course, it didn’t take him long to find the babies while we were there…
He just melts my heart <3 I think the true test will be next week when mommy doesn’t stay the whole time!
2. Any time I post a picture (usually my outfit ones!) that shows part of our clothes drying rack in the background (like this one!), I almost always get at least one or two people inquiring about it. And, honestly, it is a badass drying rack! My parents got it for us for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it’s probably one of our most-used household items (we air-dry a lot of clothes). So if you’re in the market for one, I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the Green Rack Foldable Drying and Storage Rack from QVC.
3. So we’ve got both boys enrolled in soccer this season, and not only that, but Jay also got roped into being Alex’s coach. Ha!
Games start tomorrow, so we’ll see how everything goes…I’m just hoping Alex stays out on the field and doesn’t try coming back to sit with me! But I think Jay is enjoying it so far, and it doesn’t hurt that about half the team is from the neighborhood. ; )
Should be a fun (and busy!) season!
4. Cottage cheese on a salad…love it or hate it? Personally, I love it.
This is my usual go-to for a source of protein on my salad in the event that we’re out of any sort of chicken, deli meat, etc. Not only does it offer protein, but it also reduces the amount of dressing you need, too. It’s a winner for me.
5. It’s been a while since I’ve chatted much about Beautycounter, but I wanted to take a quick second to mention the new Band of Beauty membership gift this month, because it’s one of my personal favorite products! Right now, anyone who joins our Band of Beauty loyalty program and makes a purchase of $50+ will receive a bottle of our Overnight Resurfacing Peel!
I’ve also seriously been loving the new Countertime line…I’ll share more details on that another time!
6. Work perk of the week? Walking into the office yesterday to boxes upon boxes of bagels, pastries, and cinnamon rolls from Panera. And because I love all. the. sweets., I had to be that person that goes at ’em all with a knife and slices off pieces of all of them.
The winner was absolutely that cinnamon scone. I’d even say it rivaled MY Cinnamon Chip Scones (<– a reader favorite!).
7. Lucas has also quickly become quite a fan of my office. I had him come in with me for a day earlier this week before school started, and the kid just did. not. want. to. leave!
Granted, he did make a buddy and spent his day playing video games and race car games, so I can’t really blame him. ; )
8. Alright, what are all your thoughts about wearing white after Labor Day? I put out a poll on Instagram earlier in the week, and it sounds the majority of us are on the same page…it really isn’t a “thing” anymore, right? Wear whatcha want, when ya want?!
Honestly, I pay more attention to how muddy/dirty my kids are going to be when choosing to wear white pants, rather than what the date is.
Alright, I’m off for today! Hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a fun weekend ahead – catch ya soon <3