1. Happy SEPTEMBER! Gahhhh, that went FAST, didn’t it???
2. Earlier this week, I got to enjoy a fun little evening out with my mom for a Paint Nite!
And as you may have already seen on Instagram, I am definitely NO artist (yikes), but it was still awesome to be able to get out and spend some time with mom.
I’m thinking I have the perfect spot for that thing…in the back of a deep closet.
3. So I’ve started reading a new book. I know, crazy, right? But knowing full well that finding the time to sit and turn the actual pages of a book would be close to impossible, I decided to try a free trial of Amazon Audible and got the app to be able to play it on my phone.
I’m not too far in just yet, but I like how I can easily listen along while riding in the car, on lunch, etc. And as for the book, Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden, I’m already quite intrigued by it and looking forward to applying the seven steps not only in regards to my business, but just in life in general. Rory is actually going to be the keynote speaker at our Usborne Books convention next year and I’ve heard nothing but great things about him. Have you read any of his stuff??
4. I am SO excited that the NEW 2018 KIT Daily Planners are launching TODAY!! And I am head over heels for their new, vintage floral design this year <3 <3
(FYI: the link above is an affiliate link, but if you sign up with it, you’ll get a coupon for your first purchase!)
Long time readers probably already know about my love for these beauties, and I’ve really started using them so much more since joining Usborne Books last year (notice my 2017 AND 2016 planners below!).
One feature I’m really pumped about trying this year is their direct sales add-ins (so for any of my fellow direct sales gals out there, be sure to check it out!).
5. Okay, be honest…how many of you have already started going nuts for All. The. Pumpkin. already?? Since I’m still sort of in “don’t go away, summer!” mode, it’s not really on my radar just yet. BUT, be sure to check out these 10 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes for if/when the pumpkin craving strikes!
6. I hate to admit it but I think I need to make a call to the dentist to have a tooth looked at. It had been bothering me on and off for a few weeks when I’d eat/drink something too cold, but it’s slowly become more of a bother all the time now. And seriously, I haaaaaate anything that has to do with teeth. Give me a needle, stitches, ANYTHING else instead of teeth. UGH.
7. In case you were at all curious about Alex’s riding style of choice when we go on our walks…
This is one of his favorite ways to ride, and it still cracks me up each time.
8. Alright, I know I’ve been talking about how I’m not ready for summer to go and all…buuuuuut, there have been some new sweaters I’ve come across lately (like this cold shoulder sweater and this shirttail sweater from LOFT) that have me just a teeny bit more excited about fall. I do love me a nice, cozy sweater.
9. I tried a new Jessica Smith workout this week and it was a goooood one! 30-Minute Met Con 5 Try it, if you haven’t already!!
10. Speaking of workouts, maybe it’s the whole “start of a new month/season” thing, but I’m sort of in the mood for a challenge. I noticed that Jessica Smith has a few of them available on her channel for free, so I may give one a shot. How about you guys? Any recommendations?? I’m totally into strength training these days, no running, and little cardio (since I get enough of that chasing after two boys). ; )
11. We got a fun little package over here in the mail this week…new BOOZE!
This new Not Your Father’s Mountain Ale is a citrus beer and, honestly, it reminded both me and Jay of a Mountain Dew type smell upon first opening it. It’s really unique, but quite tasty! If you’re in to trying new beers (this one is light, sweet, almost malt-like), then I’d totally recommend giving it a whirl. Thanks, Small Town Brewery!
12. Ending on a slightly different note today…as we all know, this has been a pretty devastating week for so, so many, and my heart absolutely breaks for those who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. I know there are a number of ways to help and donate, but if you haven’t already heard of them, I’d also encourage you to check out the Texas Diaper Bank, as well as Samaritan’s Purse Relief Fund. And if there’s anyone else who knows of any other efforts that may not be as widely known, please feel free to share.
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful LONG weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3