1. Did you hear about the big news from Chip and Joanna??? Gahhhh, as if Target didn’t already own me!
2. My friends on Instagram and Facebook likely already know this, but we had quite a scare with our Lucas on Monday, resulting in our first-ever trip to the ER.
Lucas had been playing outside with a buddy when he fell in the road and must have wound up hitting a rock or something just right…and even though I am totally aware of the fact that head injuries will bleed more, I was definitely not prepared to see it on my own kiddo. THANKFULLY, the cut was small enough and had already started healing shut by the time the PA had arrived to our room at the hospital, so Lucas didn’t even need a stitch. But man, if this is just a peek into what it’s like to be a #boymom, I don’t know if I’m ready for this!!
3. In addition to winding up in the hospital with Lucas on Monday evening, we were also at the doctor’s office with Alex on Monday morning, fun stuff! Luckily that was just a well child visit, and we found out that our little tank is measuring in at the 97th percentile for height and 85th percentile for weight. This picture doesn’t do justice at all to his size like this one does, but I’m just obsessed with how he sleeps with his little butt in the air and those little feet crossed. <3 <3
4. My great friend, Kanika, sent this article from Huffington Post about the Mental Workload of a Mother to our group of girlfriends a few weeks back, and it really is a GREAT read. I’ve had it saved in my phone ever since, and will go back and read it often. Anyone else relate to it??
5. After all the chaos at the very beginning of the week, we’ve also had some fun mixed in, too! Like when Jay came to visit me at work for a little lunch date at the food truck.
Those fries… <3
6. And I also had a BLAST with a couple of my neighbors on Tuesday night for a fun wood sign painting party!
I must say, I’m quite pleased with how mine turned out. It was so fun!
7. I always appreciate you guys letting me talk Usborne Books here and there on the blog, so thank you, as always for that <3 I shared this info yesterday in my Usborne VIP group on Facebook, but I’m honestly too excited about it to not share everywhere. Our team is gearing up for a record-breaking holiday selling season, and we need new consultants to help us keep up with demand! If you’re looking to pay for your family’s holiday season with a part-time job and a schedule YOU dictate, this is THE place for you! As a consultant on my team, I’m here for you every step of the way, and can 100% coach you through EXACTLY how to make this business work for you. Whether that means you have 4 hours a week or 20 to spend on your business, we make it WORK (not to mention that 25% discount on your own purchases!) ; )
So next Wednesday, September 20th at 8:00pm CST, our team is holding a Holiday Opportunity Event to help you learn all about our company, our incredible team, and our amazing books. It’s ZERO pressure, and all fun, and we’d love to have you join us! So if you’re even just the tiniest bit curious about what Usborne Books & More could have to offer you and your family, NOW is the time! If you’d like to join the event with me, leave a comment below, email me, or shoot me a message on Facebook!
8. Jay struck again this week with another awesome dinner, Greek Style Beef Skillet. I came across it while searching for a quick and easy recipe to use up some cooked ground beef we already had in the fridge, and this fit the bill.
With a side of Zingo, of course.
9. I’ve gotta say, Instagram has totally been bugging me lately. Whatever algorithm they have in place is filling up my feed with multiple pictures in a row from the same person, even if they’re over a week old(!), and I feel like half of the posts that show in my feed are more than a few days old, too. I mean, I get it, #firstworldprobs, but mannn, what is the DEAL, IG? Unless maybe I’m the only one who feels this way??
10. I’ve been sitting here for at least 15 minutes trying to think of a 10th fun fact (aka, I’ve been scrolling through Facebook), and I’ve got nothin’ so I’m calling it quits here, my friends!
I hope you all have a Fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3